SASS Wire Forum

Toying with the idea of changing alias...

McCandless

Hmmmm... I'm toying with the idea of changing my SASS alias. Something to honor my grandfathers, Jacob and Isaac both born in the late 1800s. Or even my Great-grandfathers, Julius and Mendel born in the immediate-post civil war period.
Jacob Isaacson?
Isaac Jacobson?
Julius Mendelson?
Jake Isaacs?
Ike Jacobs?

just toying with it for now...
Of course, there's a pre-civil war G-G-Grandfather, Samuel, that I could throw into the mix...

Jacob was nicknamed Jack.  He worked with furs,  WWI veteran of the trenches

Samual was a Moyel (Mohel)

Mendel was a Tailor

Isaac and Julius were Furniture Makers

Any suggestions or possibilities I've overlooked?

5 minutes ago, McCandless said:

Jacob Isaacson?
Isaac Jacobson?

Like these since you are the son honoring the father's.

We spend all these years developing a reputation...and it's associated with one's alias...why give it all up???

Unnnnnnnlessssss...you NEED to get rid of your reputation...

hmmmmm....

Phantom

I changed my alias 7 years ago. Used to be Louisiana Lightnin' for 15 years.

It was too hard for many to spell.

Assassin is pretty easy and I still have the same reputation. 

29 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Unnnnnnnlessssss...you NEED to get rid of your reputation...

hmmmmm....

Phantom

Weeell, there's that too :ph34r: 

2 hours ago, Assassin said:

I changed my alias 7 years ago. Used to be Louisiana Lightnin' for 15 years.

It was too hard for many to spell.

Assassin is pretty easy and I still have the same reputation. 

No, that Liwesiana litninig guy was a real ass!

i thought of it once - kinda gave it up till the grandkid really wants to assume "kid" , but then i thought why ? ive known a number of folks making life changes that did this but im not doing that anymore , i respect anyone wanting to make a change , particularly out of respect for your ancestors , i wish in some ways id had that presence of mind when i started , mine relates to my location , i had a number - some too cumbersome , i thought that was important then , 

after a moments thought - im too old to start changin now , ill keep this one till death , i have two - this for SASS and the other for net sites [i use the same one everywhere , as im not trying to be a troll anywhere ] if you see me on the military collector sites im always the same name , that one does have sentimental value - i was respecting my father with that , the tail number of his saipan based B29 bomber , he got me into collecting , i remember him that way , i did give that thought , 

as to SASS it was an exciting new thing to do and i was traveling for a lot of my shoots , it seemed fitting to identify with my home location , i could not figure out how to include the ferry point in my back yard so i just assumed the youth i was still feeling , 

I changed mine from 'Widowmaker Hill' to "Widder" because thats all anyone called me for the

past few years.

Anyhow, have you considered "Jac Is".

Jac Is  fast today

Jac Is  slow today

Jac Is  having problems today

Jac Is  gonna win his category today..... etc...........

..........Widder

My two cents...

Stay with your current alias... People know you, people respect you...

I think you could find other ways to honor your family. Photos on Guncart, names on Sleeve Garters, something like that.

Ultimately it's what you feel good about doing.

Only reason I changed my alias was I was away from the game a few years, didn;t renew, and SASS gave it to someone else - which is understandable. My originbal alias "Jackson" was homage to my family. :)

Doubt I'll change it now - it is who I am.....unless "Jackson" come available again....  :) 

As far as reputation? Har Har Har ;) 

GG ~ :FlagAm:

• 3 weeks later...

I had two picked out when I called SASS 20 years ago to register.  "Rolan Kraps" and "Bat Guano"   To this day I wonder if I made the right choice?

I've thought about changing mine too, Rye Miles was a real person, Arizona Ranger, Sheriff of Tucson etc etc.... No relation to me! I thought it was cool having a real historic name. I feel like maybe something honoring my family too! I think it's too late though I've been Rye Miles for about 10 years!

I had 3 before this one!! Tucson Tony, Sheriff Rome and Bat Lash :lol:

Yea I'm done!

I would keep McCandless, everyone knows ya by that! 

Archived