SASS Wire Forum

Bullets/non coated

Pards, my regular source for bullets doesn't carry the 160 grain RNFP .452 bullet.   So I need a new source for this bullet, any suggestions.  I am located in So. Az. 

Thanks

Badman bullets sells them as well ...  

Just sayin' ... (and I am sure you have already thought along these lines ... but ...) I used to load 180s in my regular cases for rifle and 160s in the Cowboy Short Colt cases for revolver. It got tiresome sourcing both size bullets so I started loading 180s for the revolvers too and didn't really notice the difference..

I even did 200s in the little cases once w/ I got into a bullet supply bind ... didn't really notice that either. 

5 hours ago, Patagonia Pete said:

Badman bullets sells them as well ...  

Just sayin' ... (and I am sure you have already thought along these lines ... but ...) I used to load 180s in my regular cases for rifle and 160s in the Cowboy Short Colt cases for revolver. It got tiresome sourcing both size bullets so I started loading 180s for the revolvers too and didn't really notice the difference..

I even did 200s in the little cases once w/ I got into a bullet supply bind ... didn't really notice that either. 

Same here, I loaded 120 rounds of 160's and side by side with my 200's I couldn't tell the difference in recoil. I did notice every now and again a 160 would keyhole and the 200's held a better grouping...

I shoot waimeas bullets in 200gn... They are great, the lead is nice and soft so they don't lead up the barrels of my converted c&b Remingtons and I can load them in the BP cylinders! 35gn of triple 7 behind a 200gn rnfp is a great powerhouse round! 

https://outlawbullets.com/product/45-caliber-200-gr-rnfp-bb/

Pards, all of you that responded to my inquiry about the 160gr bullets, THANK YOU1  Badman bullets is my choice.

On 2/28/2019 at 10:13 AM, Blaze Kinkaid, SASS #253 Life/Reg said:

Pards, all of you that responded to my inquiry about the 160gr bullets, THANK YOU1  Badman bullets is my choice.

If you can't go with an Outlaw then ya might just as well go with a Badman.:lol:

Waimea

1 hour ago, Waimea said:

If you can't go with an Outlaw then ya might just as well go with a Badman.:lol:

Waimea

Yeah, but I bet Badman ain't giving out big hugs :P

6 hours ago, SHOOTIN FOX said:

I now sell the 130 gr .452 Barnstormer if you are interested.

Fox

Where? I want to get a test pack... I bought 145's a few years back and every one of them keyholed...

Shooting Fox, even though I placed an order with Badman for the 160's , I am very interested in your 130gr Barnstormer bullet.  I would like a test pack, if available, and I will gladly pay you for the postage, also include some of your business cards.  Thanks in advance

Archived