SASS Wire Forum

Thoughts On These Grips?

David Balthazar

Got a line on some Gi-raffe bone grips and having the maker work on my bowie knife handle as well. 

To me they look a smudge hoary (if not more authentic)-- but at $125 per pair, am I expecting too much? 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16001.jpg

Want to see some nice grips at a good price Go for Altamont Gun Grips.

Fantastic

JRJ

1 hour ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Don't think they deal in bone.

Don't know Phantom on the bone.

These grips I won at WR placed them on my wife's Rugers and she likes same.

It's called aged Ivory.

JRJ

DSCN5645.JPG

DSCN5644.JPG

These G-bones will be for "display" or "in holster" kind of stuff.  I have faux ivory with scrolling for real shooting, and the original Ruger red woods will be preserved for posterity (or sold if they are worth anything).  More than likely, I will post pics when I receive them Monday...

6 hours ago, David Balthazar said:

Got a line on some Gi-raffe bone grips and having the maker work on my bowie knife handle as well. 

To me they look a smudge hoary (if not more authentic)-- but at $125 per pair, am I expecting too much? 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16001.jpg

I have a few sets of grips from this maker and they look similar. 

i love the looks of those - true BBQ pistol delights , i think i might be able to imagine a slippery when wet vision of those tho , maybe im wrong , they are beautiful beyond statement , 

Just shot 4 stages at Winter Range where it never stopped raining on us and it was cold. My brand new giraffe bone grips actually became tackier when wet, they were awesome and I love em. Have bought 8 pair from one maker in the last 2 months and could not be more pleased.

19 minutes ago, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

Just shot 4 stages at Winter Range where it never stopped raining on us and it was cold. My brand new giraffe bone grips actually became tackier when wet, they were awesome and I love em. Have bought 8 pair from one maker in the last 2 months and could not be more pleased.

Thanks Deuce. I do get tired of folks assuming certain grip material will be slippery without ever trying them. I have ivory, bone, elk and they never slip. Unlike most plastic I’ve tried

On 2/27/2019 at 6:24 AM, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

Want to see some nice grips at a good price Go for Altamont Gun Grips.

Fantastic

JRJ

Those prices are good. 

I really like the look of those Giraffe bone grips.  A bit spendy for me though.  If they were a little less I'd be gunnin for a pair.  I have Giraffe bone grip taste on an Altamont grip budget haha.  

4 hours ago, Half Deaf Hoss Deveraux said:

Those prices are good. 

I really like the look of those Giraffe bone grips.  A bit spendy for me though.  If they were a little less I'd be gunnin for a pair.  I have Giraffe bone grip taste on an Altamont grip budget haha.  

Don’t we all? I’d recommend saving up for the giraffe rather than the altamont. You’ll be happier in the end. And really when half or more people are shooting the exact same guns, grips are a nice way to set yours apart

I think they look great. My thought on non- production natural material grips is that they should not look identical.  I've used giraffe bone grips for the past three years.  Never had a problem with them becoming slippery.

hey guys , i was in no way trying to downtalk these fine grips , i actually think them very handsome and will consider a set for one of my nicer revolvers , i was just speculating on the slip , its something i always wonder of with very smooth scales , i hope no-one thought i was speaking from any experiences as i was not , it was simple speculation and obviously got some direct experience responses 

Archived