SASS Wire Forum

Tucson - Tombstone Area

This is the original Arizona.  Winter is a pleasant time to visit Tucson but the Sonoran desert can and will get cold.  Follow the weather closely.  My personal favorites:

Old Tucson

Mission San Xavier del Bac

Colossal Cave

Az Sonora Desert Museum

Wyatt and Doc statute at downtown Tucson train station

Hike Saguaro National Monument

Pima Air and Space Museum

Casa Guadalajara Mexican Food

Go say hello to the folks at Thunderstick in Tucson: big supporter of SASS/CAS and the folks responsible for Bordertown CAS.

Tombstone, see it all!  Have a drink where Wyatt drank coffee.  Ride a horse in Tombstone, just because.

Wyatt and Doc.jpg

Well, all of the above plus on Sunday the 3rd - come and visit the OPSA match at the Tombstone Livery just outside of Tombstone and then on the 9th come visit the Pima Cowboys match just north of Tucson at the Pima pistol club!

We went there on our honeymoon.  Take your cowboy duds and walk around in costume all day.  The thing we liked most were the 2 ghost tours.  I wish I could remember the name of the lady who would take you around at night and show you actual haunted spots.  She was a hoot.  All I can remember about her is that she owned a costume shop and that's how we found her.  We had to rent our cowboy duds because we hadn't gotten into SASS yet. 

18 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Boot Hill, but maybe it’s just a tourist trap.

Nope.  Free to get into.

Archived