SASS Wire Forum

The future of cell phones?

Almost as big as the Ghetto Blasters they were carrying years ago.     GW

I've been sticking with my little flip phone.

I can stick it into the watch pocket in my jeans and I don't have to worry about it or carrying it around or putting it down and forgetting it..

41 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I can stick it into the watch pocket in my jeans and I don't have to worry about it or carrying it around or putting it down and forgetting it..

Me too. and ain't nobody gonna steal it.

19 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

18 hours ago, Noz said:

Me too. and ain't nobody gonna steal it.

17 hours ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

My kids AND my grandkids, both boys and girls have made it their purpose in life to harass me about my flip phone.  I'm sticking to it!

If you ever decide to upgrade, Samsung has unveiled it's new folding phone, the Samsung Galaxy Fold.

Some consider it the Millennial, Gen-X flip phone.

Personally, I will be keeping my current phone for several more years.

Forgot to mention the price:  1731336344_ShockedFace-RESIZED.jpg.35b8342c7a369e1a32fa0f7d53578e0c.jpg $1,980.00!

5 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Same here. I don't see the need for the rest of it. 

Years ago, when they were getting smaller, I predicted that by now they would be implanting them into our ears. Boy was I wrong!:blink:

I was perfectly happy with my flip phone.  But then Jill B Quick got an upgrade so, so did I.  The camera is nice.  And the GPS.

Kit, that dude is carrying a TV. :lol:

I love my smart phone. I could live without it but I wouldn’t want to. About 4 years ago I tossed my Android and went back to a flip phone. It was a mistake from the start. I went about 8 months and that was enough. I got an iPhone and haven’t looked back. 

I now have an iPhone XS Max. I use it all the time for a variety of things. I rarely use my Chromebook and never use my PC any more.

I use my phone to:

Access the Wire and other forums.

Surf and search the web.

Take photos and videos.

Navigate.

Watch Netflix

Make notes and lists.

Do calculations.

Listen to music on my bike.

Take incoming calls on my bike.

Email

Do measurements - yep, there’s an app

Do Apple Pay when I don’t have cash.

Buy Starbucks coffee with their app

Use the calendar

It’s my alarm clock

I have a bunch of fun apps to play with.

I love my iPhone 

Hated to quit using my old phone, but the new smart phone Bluetooth"s to my hearing aid s.   Absolutely wonderful    GW

I still use a flip phone.  Military tough and secure.  Battery can be removed and no GPS. With the battery out there is no way to track the phone. Battery lasts over a week. I have no need for an upgrade.

My phone is only on when I go to town. No service out here. The flip phone wore out so I have a smart Samsung. The camera comes in handy sometimes but I only use the phone to call the mem sahib occasionally. I couldn’t care less about games, videos, news updates, Instagram, texts, etc. I feel sorry for the kids who are actually addicted to the things. Most women hardly carry purses anymore but the phone seems to be glued to their hand 24/7.

Archived