SASS Wire Forum

Who carries a revolver

Rye Miles #13621

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taurus .45 Colt M 450 T 2 in Titanium is a very scarce variant of Taurus's Tracker series of revolvers.Tarus2.jpg

Tarus1.jpg

A little heavy, but 2 3/4 in Ruger Security Six in 357 Mag pretty much lives with me when I am out of the house.    GW

35 minutes ago, Charlie T Waite said:

Taurus .45 Colt M 450 T 2 in Titanium is a very scarce variant of Taurus's Tracker series of revolvers.Tarus2.jpg

Tarus1.jpg

I have the stainless, non-ported model for when my Para just isn't appropriate.

When I lived in Oregon I carried my S&W 442 up until I got this little Remington RM380. I started carrying the Remington but after a while I went back to the 442. I trust it wholeheartedly. I trust the Remington, not wholeheartedly, though. The Remington was more of a backup.

In California the 442 will still go with me but not CCW. Not until I get a permit anyway.

I got my 442 as a birthday present in 1997.

And by the way, Rye. I do use that Sticky holster you gave me as a pocket holster. Thank you again for that. :)

60CE4F0D-E426-4B8C-95C2-97A8DBED392E.thumb.jpeg.16696c59b019ee8c4d12674bcf3e7965.jpeg

1 hour ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Currently on Active Duty:  All S&W, Model 10 in the middle flanked by a 60 and a 36.

F862B21A-0421-40BE-B31E-938206D8E415.thumb.jpeg.684670ae001bd4d29b75f549f21ddf78.jpeg

J-Bar ,  love your family!       Really like the Tyler T-grip        Modified one to help out my Security 6       Hoping to add a S&W J frame to my family.....  have all K-  L-and N frames      GW

I got a friend who has managed to carry a revolver most of his adult life and also

a side business of being a Gigalo.

His wife knows about his Gigalo business, but he's afraid she'll leave him if she finds out he carries a revolver... :o

(Sorri fellers, I had to say it.  After all, it is the Saloon)..... :lol:

..........Widder

If nothing else, with these snubbies .  the flame will scare intruders away    GW

50 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I got a friend who has managed to carry a revolver most of his adult life and also

a side business of being a Gigalo.

His wife knows about his Gigalo business, but he's afraid she'll leave him if she finds out he carries a revolver... :o

(Sorri fellers, I had to say it.  After all, it is the Saloon)..... :lol:

..........Widder

She actually found out the other day that I usually only carry revolvers anymore. She said she was fine with it as long as I keep bringing in the dough! 

As for the OP, it depends on the day. I switch between a s&w 329 ultralight 44mag, s&w 686 plus 357, s&w 19 357, and a kimber 357. I carry one of my single action rugers on a match day. I usually also have my bond 357 on me too. I open carry instead of conceal.

I carry this to back up my main EDC, S&W 342 AirlitePD .38 special loaded with Corbon +p loads

0zb0NLt.jpg?1

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Seriously, I don't think I've ever EDC'd a revolver. Not that I don't like 'em, but they must not like me as I can't shoot them worth a darn.

Same here. I think they're cool, but I can't trust me with one in a life-threatening situation

Plus, I'm a skinny guy preferring inside the waistband holster and is how I settled on a Glock 43.

.44 S & W Special snubbie in an Idaho Leather holster and 2 Uncle Mike reloads in a belt pouch. I even carried a S&W .44 Rem Magnum in the jungle along with my personal 1911A1. My revolvers never jam.:rolleyes:

After having finally handled a few of the large frame Ruger 357 magnum double actions I have to think that 7 or 8 rounds of 357 magnum in states where exist magazine capacity bans of 7 or 10 rounds would not be a bad choice. I don't believe there was ever a debate about the effectiveness of the 357 magnum round in law enforcement usage, only that the 6 round revolver was outgunned by magazine capacity firepower of 15 to 20 rounds from the wondernines. 

Probably not practical to try to carry a large frame revolver concealed all year long for some people but it is certainly a possibility for others.

Something like this one.

45536-DEFAULT-L.jpg

One of these for each of us (individually) are EDC. But for a recent trip to Chicago, we carried double. From the top, I carried the Glock 19 and the Model 60. Shortcake had her Glock 42 and her North American Arms 22.

ChicagoSnubbies.jpeg

Taurus Model 85 Polymer Protector. Mostly because of the cowboy shooting. Has the exposed hammer and know in the panic situation my left thumb will be looking for the hammer.

Archived