SASS Wire Forum

Mernickle Holsters - New Owners

Howlin' Wolf

Howdy all,

For those of you that missed Winter Range and  have not heard we (Howlin' Wolf and Ivy Wild) are the new owners of Mernickle Holsters.  Bob and Sherrie are ready for retirement and is much deserved. The Mernickles have been an intricate part of the Cowboy Action Society and SASS for many many years, they are great people and great holster makers and we are excited to continue the legacy. They will be with us for a while in the transition phase to make sure everything goes as smooth as possible. There will be no changes to the company and we promise to bring you the great quality products that everyone has come to love.  We will be traveling to more shoots and vending a lot more so if your interested in having us attend one of your shoots drop me a email and we will see what we can do.  We probably wont be traveling a lot this year to ensure we have good handle on the business but still let us know. And as always Mernickle is proud to sponsor as many shoots as possible. 

Email me at howlinwolf2017@outlook.com 

Thanks and we look forward to working with you ALL

H.Wolf 

I started out with Kirkpatrick holsters. I made the move to Mernickle and have not looked back. I am 3 sets in and not because of wearing anything out. I sure hope the quality continues to be what we have come to expect, and I'm sure it will be.

You're welcome to come on out to the TN State match in October!

Congrats to all involved.

And Howlin' you know you're always welcome and appreciated at Pawnee Station.  I remember when Ivy just came to watch and said maybe she'd try shooting next year...and now she's kicking my butt!  And still looking as fabulous as ever!

The Shootout is July 5 to 7 this year, hope to see you there!

So who'll be running the bar now at EOT.?? Bob Mernickle??

Congratulations and hope all works out to be everything you want it to be.

I know we can count on your enthusiasm, work ethic and integrity  (and the families!) as you bring quality leather goods to cowboys across the county in the days to come.

All the best to you!!

Respectfully

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Drat Now Bob will have More time to get into trouble ....

Hope you work him like a rented Mule before Ya let him go !!!

Sherrie And Bob all the best ta You ...

Jabez Cowboy

So long and all the best to Bob and Sherrie and congrats to you Howlin and Ivy.

I may be in Australia but I have three sets of Mernickle Leather as well as other bibs and bobs and I love your stuff, as do many who see it down under. I have always had a good experience shopping with Mernickle and I am sure that wont change.

All the best and I will be back when I need (ok we all know I mean want) some more leather.

Best to Bob and Sherrie, and to ya'll for the future. 

I met them for the first time in Tombstone last year. I had my wife's belt and holsters (not Mernickle) even though she wasn't with me. Took them to Bob and discussed how to make them better. He sat down with me, took measurements and drew up a belt that he doesn't carry. Matched it with some holsters - and Christmas was good. 

Thanks Bob and Sherrie.

Thanks all we are excited to see what the future brings. And like I said we will be working towards attending and vending more shoots in the future 

H. Wolf 

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question Wolf,...are you moving the store to CO from NV?

I presume you will be vendoring at EOT, are you then going back to Mernickles in NV.?

The reason why I ask is that a fellow from Oz has bought my gun cart and the plan was for Bob to take it back to NV as this guy was going to the store to buy a heap of gear while touring in the US. He apparently is a friend and teed it up with him.

Please advise.:D

Congratulations on your new business.  We all think the world of Bob and Sherrie and look forward to seeing your success.  See you at EOT.  Kirk

2 hours ago, Chuck Steak said:

What is the most common/popular CAS rig that Mernikcle produces?

There's no such thing!

It all boils down to ones personal preferences and what they think will work for them.

On 3/11/2019 at 7:40 PM, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Quick question Wolf,...are you moving the store to CO from NV?

I presume you will be vendoring at EOT, are you then going back to Mernickles in NV.?

The reason why I ask is that a fellow from Oz has bought my gun cart and the plan was for Bob to take it back to NV as this guy was going to the store to buy a heap of gear while touring in the US. He apparently is a friend and teed it up with him.

Please advise.:D

Jackaroo,

Sorry we have been traveling and i haven't been on the wire. We have already made coordination with them for picking up the gun cart and also coming out and touring the factory.  As for the future of Mernickles location. For now nothing is going to change we will be going to fernley NV and running things from there. Some day we will move south to warmer weather but who knows when that is. 

12 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

There's no such thing!

It all boils down to ones personal preferences and what they think will work for them.

15 hours ago, Chuck Steak said:

What is the most common/popular CAS rig that Mernikcle produces?

Jackaroo, is correct, but our HP line has been the most popular as of late. Small differences in the design but again we build each rig to fit the shooter. 

On 3/11/2019 at 8:57 PM, evil dogooder said:

Sent you a pm about the Midwest regional

i just replied, sorry we have been traveling

Welcome to Northern Nevada then. 

I am on an extended trip Puerto Rico but will be contacting you shortly after my return. Hopefully early April. I also hope to see you out at the Battle Born Rangers 2 monthly shoots.

flanigan

3 hours ago, Flanigan Flats said:

Welcome to Northern Nevada then. 

I am on an extended trip Puerto Rico but will be contacting you shortly after my return. Hopefully early April. I also hope to see you out at the Battle Born Rangers 2 monthly shoots.

flanigan

Looking forward to it 

16 hours ago, Howlin' Wolf said:

Jackaroo,

Sorry we have been traveling and i haven't been on the wire. We have already made coordination with them for picking up the gun cart and also coming out and touring the factory.  As for the future of Mernickles location. For now nothing is going to change we will be going to fernley NV and running things from there. Some day we will move south to warmer weather but who knows when that is. 

OK Wolf, thanks for the confirmation about the cart, I'll have it organised for you after EOT. I'll have to arrange to borrow one now for HOW in Cheyenne.

2 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

OK Wolf, thanks for the confirmation about the cart, I'll have it organised for you after EOT. I'll have to arrange to borrow one now for HOW in Cheyenne.

We are going to HOW as well if you want to hang on to it until after

On 3/14/2019 at 9:47 AM, Howlin' Wolf said:

We are going to HOW as well if you want to hang on to it until after

HI Wolf, Oh that would be be fantastic, thank you so much.

Will see ya there.

Also have a nice Dodge Grand Caravan I must sell or dispose off, excellant condition, all highway driving 120000 miles, new tires. About $5500.00 ONO will do me.

Makes a great vehicle to tow behind a motor home.:D

Archived