SASS Wire Forum

I Need Holsters

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Reddog Leather.  You can find them on Facebook and eBay.  Really great quality at a price not much more than you’d pay for a used rig.  Excellent tooling work too.  

Here is my personal history when getting into SASS

Ordered a mid price "custom" holster,belt ,shotgun belt @ $210

Shortly after realized while utilitarian it really wasnt what I wanted I could see the difference in the better made (and more expensive) rigs

Kept looking and found a "well known " rig @ $250 used 

SO my moral try and get the best you can get right away

Even if you can find good  holsters without belt you can  make that work untill you buy matching belt OR go to a good tack shop You may be surprised what they can make you a belt for 

3 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Have you seen this??

OLG

Dantanerous is a stand up guy. Contact him and ask questions.  Sounds like this may be a great starter rig.

And yes will will end up buying another one once you get some experience under your belt.

Lynyrd-----don't know what waist size ya need---this set is for 36 in but will fit 38 in pretty good---made by gunleather inc outta Ft.Worth----if a crossdraw interest ya----cartg.loops are 45 tho--but anyone w/leather sewing machine can refit em to 38--$150 shipped to ya--Dirty20180920_165036.thumb.jpg.146efeb10b2a8edce701fb6cf113c413.jpg098.thumb.jpg.2ed6daf55c7e47a3ba9f66fe525a6652.jpg

099.jpg

098.jpg

9 hours ago, Lynyrd Skynyrd said:

I am just starting out and just purchased some 5.5 colt clones in .357. I need a starter rig , I was hoping for something inexpensive until I figure out what I want.

Give folks an idea of what waist size you need, and if you want a "double strong side" rig, or a cross-draw (if cross-draw, need to know if right or left handed)

Archived