SASS Wire Forum

Goodbye Hollywood

Waimea

He was not the fastest gun on the range, but he could meet people and make friends faster than anyone I ever knew.

His smile was contagious.

Always reminded me of a kid maybe just before he got into something.

Hollywood Dave passed away today after having a heart attack on the range.

He was a good kind friend.

Helped me by fixing my phone in TX.

Oh then my truck battery died. Who just happened to be going to town? Hollywood Dave and his wife.

Who put the battery in the truck when I was selling bullets?

You guessed.

H-H-Hollywood I miss you already.

Cyndi, there are no words to express how sorry I am.

Waimea

IMG_20181103_150652434.jpg

Met Dave a while back.  Great cowboy and a fun guy!

I’ll miss him!

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.  I hope they find comfort and joy in their memories of him and peace and understanding, knowing that he is in a better place.

Man that's sad news indeed.  I got to meet Hollywood Dave and his wife Sweet and Sassy Cindy a few times last year....a great couple.  Prayers up for the family.

Kajun

I am truly in shock. Fellow Outlaw and fun guy to be around. Heart goes out to all his many friends, family and lovely wife Cindy. He will be missed by all who knew him.

Dang, what a shock.

I hate to hear this about Hollywood Dave.  He greeted everyone with a big smile and was always looking to help out.  He will be missed.  My heart and prayers go out to his wife Cindy.   He was one of the good ones.

Deepest Condolences to Cindy and family.

I just talked with him on the phone yesterday about shipping the Henry .22 back on Monday.

Just like when I had met him a couple times before at a shooting match, he was very congenial

and made ya feel good talking with him.

I know those who knew him best are deeply saddened and he will be missed by ALL of us who

were blessed in meeting him.

..........Widder

I met Hollywood last year at the Florida State match. He was one of those people who makes you feel like you have known them forever. God got a good pardner and we lost one. 

Waimea - 

Your description of Dave was perfect. He had a contagious personality and was easy and fun to be around. 

My heart also goes out to everyone at the range who was witness to this tragedy and tried to help... 

Tommy and I send all our love and prayers to Cindy and Dave's son, Nick. I hope that we get to see you when we are in Florida next month to give you hugs and offer our love and support in person. 

Love,

Scarlett

Man, what a shocker. He was one helleva good guy and cowboy. It's just hard to believe.......:(

My condolences go out to Cindy and all of his friends and family. He will be missed by everyone who ever met him and those who never had the opportunity to meet him.

Cypress Sun

Hollywood Dave had a dazzling smile--it never left his face.  He got into cowboy action shooting mainly to be with his wife as she pursued a new passion.  He shot with abandon and his great joy in being part of the sport was always evident to everyone around him--in fact it was contagious.  We all had more fun because Hollywood Dave was there to show us how.  Dave was a perfect example of what most of us mean our CAS experience to be---pure, lighthearted play mixed with lots of -ever-growing friendships.

Ho;;ywood Dave had become a key part of our small Red Hills Rangers club, helping set up monthly matches and volunteering to do anything needed with the State Championship match.  We have lost so much with his passing----but I know he rides with God's posse now.  Love and miss you, Dave and hope to see you on the other side of the river.

Archived