SASS Wire Forum

Uberti Retractable firing pin

Tyrel Cody

Yes, that is correct.  Pietta is the one, and not Pedersoli.  I was thinking Pietta, but wrote down Pedersoli by mistake.  I just wish Pietta had the better barrel markings on them, like the Cimarron/Uberti's do.  I prefer it to be "44 wcf" or "45 Colt" and not "Cal 44-40", or some such thing.  At least it is not as bad as Ruger's warning barrel markers.....so, far, that is.  Pietta's quality has definitely come up, in the last few years.  I have heard really good things about the Great Western II revolvers.

On 2/25/2019 at 4:40 PM, Warden Callaway said:

How can you use a pair of 6 guns a whole season and not notice that they didn't have a safety notch?  :wacko:

Well, let's see.  For starters, until I got the Runnin' Irons I was using Ruger Blackhawks, so no safety notch there.  Of course, the Runnin' Irons had to be put on half cock to load-unlike the Rugers.  Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I really can't see what noticing or not noticing a safety notch has to do with my original comment which was that I hadn't noticed that the firing pin "floated" inside the hammer.

2 minutes ago, Outrider Outlaw said:

Well, let's see.  For starters, until I got the Runnin' Irons I was using Ruger Blackhawks, so no safety notch there.  Of course, the Runnin' Irons had to be put on half cock to load-unlike the Rugers.  Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I really can't see what noticing or not noticing a safety notch has to do with my original comment which was that I hadn't noticed that the firing pin "floated" inside the hammer.

Thanks,  I can understand that.   I started life with Colt and Uberti Cattleman and shot them for 50+ years.  Then traided into a pair of Ruger Vaqueros and shot them for 6 months or so.  I never got use to the actions or how they worked.   Thraided them off and not ever going back!

Yes, they still load at half cock.

On 2/24/2019 at 8:03 AM, Major Crimes said:

and begin, should be good for a page or two:rolleyes:

I'm a little disappointed it took this long to make 2 pages :blush: while an obvious troll about spotters more than doubled the page count in record time:D

2 hours ago, Major Crimes said:

I'm a little disappointed it took this long to make 2 pages :blush: while an obvious troll about spotters more than doubled the page count in record time:D

Use to have a "dead horse" rule but I've not seen it used in a long time.  Usually,  long threads evolve into a "cow pie" fight and get shut down.  -_-

Archived