SASS Wire Forum

I HATE SNOW!!!

I’ve been watching this storm for two days and it was just hovering over Phoenix with the flow going north over Flagstaff and us, barely moving eastward at all. Flagstaff got a record 36”.

Stupid groundhog.

HEY TWEETY!!  Just stay inside and play with the toy soldiers!!  At least you don't need a rowboat to get to the mailbox!! ;)

My grandchildren, my Scouts, my children and I LOVE snow.

There's angel making, snowmen, sledding, skiing, snowshoeing, etc.

@Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663,

Since we are sharing pics, took this one when I went home for lunch.

Enjoyed a cold glass of ice tea and a tuna burrito by the pool. :D

20190222_124854.thumb.jpg.af4b3d66703a45089649a2f8d1178f76.jpg

Funny thing...

Those of us in Seattle who got 10" of snow last week shake our heads at AZ folks complaining about 1-2". :rolleyes:

Those back east who routinely get 2-3 feet of snow shake their heads at the wimps in Seattle. <_<

And Eskimos in Alaska shake their heads at everyone else! :huh:

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

HEY TWEETY!!  Just stay inside and play with the toy soldiers!!  At least you don't need a rowboat to get to the mailbox!! ;)

Well, Dishwater, staying inside and playing with my toy soldiers is exactly what I'm doing.  I hear in N. Alabama, due to all the rain, there are some folks building Arks.

My 15mm Napoleonic battle I'm currently fighting on my 8x6 foot table.  It's turn 10.

G94wrS.jpg  

IdLxkB.jpg

NOPE!!! No arks!  Folks can't find enough gopher wood!!  We HAVE begun training them big ol' channel catfish to pull rafts though.  Proper bridle and bit construction is the key!!!

5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I’ve been watching this storm for two days and it was just hovering over Phoenix with the flow going north over Flagstaff and us, barely moving eastward at all. Flagstaff got a record 36”.

Stupid groundhog.

I have about 30 inches.  I was going to go to the grocery this morning and my Toyota Tacoma got stuck in the driveway.....After 15 minutes I got it back inside and tried the Impala.  It's still in the driveway.

This is the first time in 77 years that I've ever been unable to get out, and I've lived in some serious snow country a time or seven or eight.

No mail, no newspaper for two days. As a matter of fact I only got mail twice since last Wednesday. I wonder if this will impress the people whose checks are late this month.

2 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Funny thing...

Those of us in Seattle who got 10" of snow last week shake our heads at AZ folks complaining about 1-2". :rolleyes:

Those back east who routinely get 2-3 feet of snow shake their heads at the wimps in Seattle. <_<

I've seen "base" at the ski resorts in Utah less than twenty miles from my parents' home that were over 100 inches.

Know why I don't live there any more?

4 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

NOPE!!! No arks!  Folks can't find enough gopher wood!!  We HAVE begun training them big ol' channel catfish to pull rafts though.  Proper bridle and bit construction is the key!!!

Use the BIG hooks, Backwater. 

6 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Funny thing...

We live in Tucson so we don't HAVE to deal with snow. In the Summer, WE laugh at people crying about 90 degree weather when we have 105 degree days.:D

As for the snow, I was working, driving a TRUCK all day!:angry: 

9 hours ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:   Mud Marine.....  you forgot to mention there is also "shoveling"....:D

And shivering

Imis News just said we are within 1/4 " of record rainfall for Feb

1 hour ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

And shivering

Yeah!!  And it’s pouring rain now in monsoon proportions and there are more rain and violent storms predicted for this afternoon and tonight!

I need a rowboat to get to the mailbox!!

1 minute ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Yeah!!  And it’s pouring rain now in monsoon proportions and there are more rain and violent storms predicted for this afternoon and tonight!

I need a rowboat to get to the mailbox!!

1 hour ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

And shivering

Wonder how close we are to a repeat of 2010?

1 minute ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Wonder how close we are to a repeat of 2010?

It’s borderline.  Fortunately, the Corps of Engineers is on top of it this time and they have been releasing water below major cities and holding water above them for more than a week now.  The good thing is that in having done so, they have created some room to regulate the passage of flood water by completely closing some dams while allowing others to run much more flow than normal.

The short answer is that they weren’t caught off guard this time! That gives us a much better chance to manage the problem from every angle.

The situation would even be more manageable if it weren’t for the Snail Darter!!

35 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

BQ - Tucson's finest are on top of things:

Now that was funny!  Nice to see our local police involved in good natured humor.

In the meantime, Tennessee has set a new record rainfall mark for the month, they have issued a statewide emergency, and it’s still monsooning!

You can send that snow over here! We’ll swap it for some of this rain now.

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

In the meantime, Tennessee has set a new record rainfall mark for the month, they have issued a statewide emergency, and it’s still monsooning!

You can send that snow over here! We’ll swap it for some of this rain now.

Maybe you should get on the internet and order some gopher wood. :huh:

CmJW1B.jpg

Can I get a sub sandwich?

Archived