SASS Wire Forum

Cell phone tones

Tascosa, SASS# 24838

On 2/22/2019 at 10:17 AM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I was sitting in a meeting one time and a loud chicken squawking erupted from the phone of the Highway Patrol captain sitting next to me.

"It's my wife" he said. :D

When is the viewing for the Captain's funeral?

On 2/22/2019 at 4:21 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

What's a cell phone tone?  Mine just rings.....when I bother to 1. take it with me and 2. turn it on.

On 2/23/2019 at 12:44 PM, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Mine isn't equipped to use different tones other than what came with it. Just a bell tone, I keep it on vibrate as well. when I'm dressed for outdoors, it's too muffled to hear when it's on my hip. keep it in my chore coat's upper left pocket so I can hear it. Just doesn't have enough volume<_<:blush:

Mine is like that , also. I hope it never quits on me , I don't want to have one more advanced than the little flip-phone that I have now.

Rex (the techno-luddite):D

Howdy,

I didn't want to upgrade until I found how painless some smartphones are.

A trip to Target and about a hundred or so, a few instructions and  the new toy works well.

A fairly low teck Samsung does a nice job.

Im getting the hang of it a little at a time.

I don't do banking on it......yet.

Best

CR

I refuse to bank on my phone because I don't trust the security of a phone.  Last time I cashed a check at a bank the millennial teller kinda copped an attitude with me and said "You know you can cash these from your phone now".  I know that doesn't sound like attitude, but you didn't hear the tone.  So I came back and said "No I can't actually.  Some people can DEposit checks, but you might have noticed I cashed this one.  And more importantly, I don't trust something this important to a mobile device that I'm constantly looking for." 

I like this topic.  I have been a ringtone fanatic from as soon as I got a phone that allowed me to change ringtones - everyone I speak to frequently gets their own ringtone.  At first, I bought them from Verizon.  Then I found an application called "Zedge" and it had zillions of fun ringtones, rock music, country music, military cadence, bugle calls, TV and movie themes, etc., just to name a few that I would use. Over the course of time Zedge updated and updated and became less and less user friendly and, finally, I deleted it. Naturally, I lost over 90 or 95 percent of my ringtones.

So, I have to ask - where do you get your ringtones from?

***Nubbins***

Archived