SASS Wire Forum

Cell phone tones

Tascosa, SASS# 24838

My cell phone tone on a call is a dog barking. Like "WOOF, WOOF, WOOF WOOF". I was in line at the grocery store a few days ago and I got a call. The matronly lady in front of me looked around, and I said, "Its just my dog calling me. He has his own ring tone." She looked at the clerk and said,"Thats so stupid." and I replied, "Hey he gets lonely." The lady huffed, and the clerk girl giggled. When the lady left the clerk said to me with a smile, "some people don't understand dogs."

That made my day. Anyone have a different ring tone on their phone?

I was sitting in a meeting one time and a loud chicken squawking erupted from the phone of the Highway Patrol captain sitting next to me.

"It's my wife" he said. :D

I've got several.

A friend is Italian. When she calls Dean Martin sings Mambo Italiano.

When my daughter calls Red Sobine sings Daddy's Girl.

My brother is the Marine Hymn.

My money manager gets Liza Minnelli and Joel Grey singing Money Makes the World Go Round.

I have both the local cops and the sheriff's department on my phone. If they call me the theme from Dragnet plays.

And a few more.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I was sitting in a meeting one time and a loud chicken squawking erupted from the phone of the Highway Patrol captain sitting next to me.

"It's my wife" he said. :D

Mine is the theme from Hill Street Blues. The tone that I had for my wife was the flight of the witch’s from the Wizard of Oz. She wasn’t impressed 

My old boss in Charlotte had the alarm that sounds like it would be Red Alert or a Collision Alert aboard a Naval Vessel for when his wife called. After meeting her I understood why. :blink:

I used to have different tones for different people but now I just have one ringtone for all calls. It’s the doorbell sound from The Jetson’s

All incoming calls except those from my lovely bride are a coyote howling. She has her own ringtone: Cowboys and Angels

Mine says "An IDIOT IS ATTEMPTING TO REACH YOU ON YOUR CELLULAR DEVICE" in a loud clear voice.  That's the default ringtone.  Once I decide I like you, I give the you old default which is the tardis materializing.  My message tone a dalek saying EXTERMINATE!

In meetings, if the Dr Who tones go off, I look at the guy next to me as if it's his phone.  If you look at your phone, that's how they know it's you.  Most of the time the person on the other side is looking his direction too.  Maybe half the time the person will pick up their phone and check it. 

When the idiot is calling ringtone goes off, it's usually a big hit.  Then I say, "Don't laugh it says that when you call too"

Marine Corps Hymn and vibrate

My default is Erik Idle asking, "Are you a virgin?"  For anyone in my family, it's the Loony Tunes theme.  I have several other personalized tones.

I also have a lot of free time.

Woman I worked with a loud pig squeal for her husband.  It fit I knew him.   My son has the screaming goat for his wife.  That don't fit but gets your attention        I am a dinosaur ,  nothing special      GW

I have a few different rings for different callers.  My favorites are when my children call.  The theme song from the Magnificent Seven is my son's and the theme song to the newer Wonder Woman movie is my daughter's.  

Like Henry Harrison, my ex's tone was "Elvira Gulch's Theme."

I was standing in line at the local supermarket one day, talking to the lady behind me.  My phone went off... her eyes widened and she blurted "Is that your WIFE?"  :rolleyes:

Howdy,,

Remember that girl that said --One ringedinge   two ringedinges??

From Saturday night live years ago...

That might be a ring tone.

Best

CR

58 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Years ago at work I set my PC to do the Wilhelm scream whenever an error message popped up. My co-workers made me change that pretty quick. :unsure:

A friend of mine set his computer to Curly Joe from the 3 Stooges saying:  "I'm trying to think but nothing happens"  :lol:

Angus

I've been looking for the chorus of Bobby Vinton's Melody of Love. My next-door neighbor is Polish, so I wanted her ringtone to be Bobby singing in Polish.

I can find lots of ringtones of his songs, but not that one.

7 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

You guys just gave me a great idea. I think I'll change the one for my soon-to-be ex-wife to the Imperial March from Star Wars. :ph34r:

Had a friend whose ex-wife's ring tone was Ding Dong the witch is dead. :D

20 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

You guys just gave me a great idea. I think I'll change the one for my soon-to-be ex-wife to the Imperial March from Star Wars. :ph34r:

My wife walked down the aisle to Vader's theme, which I think is the same song.  We exited to the awards ceremony music.  There were lightsabers involved too, but that wasn't as cool as it sounds. 

The Imperial March tone is reserved for my boss.  He thinks it's hilarious.

My message alert sounds like the phone is trying to ring but the battery is dying.  It gets everybody's attention.  I've had strangers come up and ask if my phone was OK after hearing it.

Mine isn't equipped to use different tones other than what came with it. Just a bell tone, I keep it on vibrate as well. when I'm dressed for outdoors, it's too muffled to hear when it's on my hip. keep it in my chore coat's upper left pocket so I can hear it. Just doesn't have enough volume<_<:blush:

Archived