SASS Wire Forum

Explaining Canadians

Subdeacon Joe

DANG IT SUBDEACON!

That is supposed to be the best kept secret in Canada!

How did you find out?

Clay Mosby ;

Good ta see you is still viewing Grass from da Green Side ....

Ya ever Come ta Calgary any more ???

Jabez Cowboy

17 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Honestly I'm not sure how some people can say Canadians are all nice and sweet. Whenever I visit Vancouver BC I swear I'll get someone laying on their horn if it takes me more than .65 seconds to begin rolling after the light turns green.

You’ll get that same response if you take that long to move and you are in front of me! I’m tired of people multitasking while driving!! If ya ain’t paying attention to your driving, you shouldn’t be behind the wheel!  

I had to pull out and go around some idiot the other morning in rush hour traffic who was sitting at a green traffic light, a newspaper spread across the steering wheel, a cell phone in one hand, a sandwich in the other, and yacking at the passenger in the other seat. When I blew the horn as I passed, he looked at me like I was from another planet!

19 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Honestly I'm not sure how some people can say Canadians are all nice and sweet. Whenever I visit Vancouver BC I swear I'll get someone laying on their horn if it takes me more than .65 seconds to begin rolling after the light turns green.

That wait is prudent.  Here in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area the red light is a signal that only three more cars get to go through the intersection.  If you start as soon as your light turns green you will likely be broadsided.  Best to wait at least two seconds to check both directions of cross traffic.  

Twice.

19 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

My brother moved to Canada so I wouldn't say Canadians are all nice and sweet. No one who knows him would call him nice or sweet..

17 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

That wait is prudent.  Here in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area the red light is a signal that only three more cars get to go through the intersection.  If you start as soon as your light turns green you will likely be broadsided.  Best to wait at least two seconds to check both directions of cross traffic.  

Twice.

I thought that was a California rule for all drivers.

9 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

You’ll get that same response if you take that long to move and you are in front of me! I’m tired of people multitasking while driving!! If ya ain’t paying attention to your driving, you shouldn’t be behind the wheel!

I don't multi-task, but it does take a certain amount of time to see that the light changed, move my foot off the brake and press the gas pedal. Funny thing is, even here in the USA the guy in front of me is always sound asleep and the guy behind me is staging his car like we're on a drag strip. I can't win. :blink:

Archived