SASS Wire Forum

1873 - 1892 or Marlin...and why

Wicked Willie, SASS#9377

I’ve read that analogy by NKJ and it’s a good one. One thing that many of us enjoy about the Miroku is that with a little slicking it runs great in perfectly stock form and nowhere near the limits of its capability. The Marlin is my spirit animal but for some reason every time I reach into the safe the Miroku comes out. By the time you buy a Remlin and a Rossi you can have a Miroku and change in your pocket 

Just my .02 cents, worth what you paid for it.

I have purchased the Marlin after re-examining it this afternoon.  The fit of wood to metal was adequate, if not well done and the front sight was straight.  The wood initially appeared to be mis-matched, under better lighting today I could find no issue.  Naturally, it's a bit rough and heavy...but I can fix that.  The forearm is not as chunky as my other Marlin, which I was happy to discover.  Now to see if it shoots well and exhibits any ammo preferences.

Wicked WIllie,

If you could be so kind, after you check out and shoot your new Marlin, could you share the

experience with us Wire Pards so we will know how some of the newer ones are working

from the factory.

THanks.

..........Widder

When I first encountered this thread .... I became really really CONFUSED.  Folks were saying nice things about the '94.  I couldn't figure it out.  A Winchester '94, for CAS ... is ... KRAP!!  Then the light dawned, ... folks were actually talking about the Fish.  We gotta be careful or we're gonna send some impressionable newbie out to Sportsmans Whatever to buy and brandy new Winchester '94.  

Let us be a "little" more specific when speaking of "94s" shall we !!

Archived