Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rancho Roy

Winter Range...RAIN! Ahhhhh!

Recommended Posts

I hate shooting in the rain! But I guess it's better than 3 feet of snow just a few miles Northeast of us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will take the snow anytime. My Winter Range experiences have been great props, fun shooting, real long distance, horrible mud and rain.

 

I LOVE IDAHO!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I LOVE ARIZONA!!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would also prefer snow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arizona says..” We rarely get rain and snow...”

Mother Nature says..”Hold my beer!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news!   Rain is supposed to quit late Saturday.      GW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told this by an Arizona Ranger 

 

WinterRange=Wind r Rain:lol:

 

Fun to shoot no matter what IMO

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might want to change the title of your thread to include hail and lightning as well.

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, G W Wade said:

Good news!   Rain is supposed to quit late Saturday.      GW

 

Not quite!

The Saturday forecast is clear sky's all day! It does say 10% chance of rain which means 90% chance of no rain!!:lol:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Rattler said:

 

Not quite!

The Saturday forecast is clear sky's all day! It does say 10% chance of rain which means 90% chance of no rain!!:lol:  

I hope we a both wrong and they don't get anymore rain        GW   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You think you got it bad in Arizona?   Heck, it has been said of the weather forecaster who has the misfortune to ply his trade in New England, especially in the Springtime,  will invariably be perplexed because, "He doesn't know what the weather is going to be in New England. Well, he mulls over it, and by-and-by he gets out something about like this: Probably northeast to southwest winds, varying to the southward and westward and eastward and points between, high and low barometer swapping around from place to place; probable areas of rain, snow, hail, and drought, succeeded or preceded by earthquakes, with thunder and lightning. Then he jots down his postscript from his wandering mind, to cover accidents. "But it is possible that the programme may be wholly changed in the mean time."

Yes, one of the brightest gems in the New England weather is the dazzling uncertainty of it. There is only one thing certain about it: you are certain there is going to be plenty of it"  -- Mark Twain

 

Except for the earthquakes, how right he was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HK.       I am up in the frozen plains blowing snow.....   Just hoping a my friends have a great time at WR.    To be fair to the rest, we shoot in bad weather quite often considering our short season      Best to everyone at WR       GW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

You might want to change the title of your thread to include hail and lightning as well.

 

:D

 

Marble sized hail for five minutes or so about 2 miles north of the range. Hearing protection was necessary in the RV. Dog was not happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362

Any time out shooting is a good time. Enjoy Pards and stay safe.:FlagAm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminds me of 2006... Minus the 3' of mud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we all experience "odd" weather from time to time, no matter where we live.   And we certainly all enjoy moaning about it.  

 

But I do wonder...

 

Who decided that hailstone size would be measured in the size of various sports balls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That might have been 2007 ... I took a picture of all the stages on Tuesday afternoon just after they had all been finished. It was windy and broke up a couple of props ... but I think it was the year after that everyone got flooded (of course I could be wrong). Things sure have changed ... (a few 2006 stages below) ...

wr1a.jpg.7977577e8f77407050438c5b114d162c.jpg

wr10.jpg.3504c51c7d97f4b8a2f5d70346c15f6f.jpg

wr3.jpg.7d012ce7f9c9b6c8ef3bfaa4f040f50e.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you shot well the weather was good if u didn't the weather sucked !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362
9 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

If you shot well the weather was good if u didn't the weather sucked !

Right on :FlagAm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I understand Prescot got over a foot of snow today.

As of 6pm it was 19"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the Welcoming weather to make the Kanucks from the Island feel at Home ....

Whistlin Will show them how to shoot in the Rain...

 

Jabez Cowboy

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flagstaff AZ had 31 inches of snow in one day a new record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Reminds me of 2006... Minus the 3' of mud.

Yup.  

I remember getting out of my car at the motel; kicking my boots off and walking straight into shower fully dressed.

Partly to try to warm up and partly to knock off that layer of mud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better ad snow to the mix...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently still raining ... The rubber duck posse photos are starting to come float in now ... :mellow:

wrducks2019a.thumb.jpg.f3ef7b8f37e1f6ae51d11b0850f7f089.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Swiss Kid, SASS #54030 said:

Shotgun targets?

Puddles always make it easier to see a miss ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmm...

 

Yes, there has been rain and hail, and it's been COLD! Wet holsters making the process of pulling pistols somewhat sticky. Bundled up jackets and rain gear making shouldering shotguns and rifles somewhat iffy and slow. Worse than what's falling down on us is what's happened to the ground below us. We've had 3" to 4" of mud, with some boardwalks and floors being slippery. But, what the heck, the Wild West wasn't just days of sunshine and 90° temperatures. No matter how you slice it, it's been fun so far. (Although my opinion may change after our last four stages tomorrow!!!)

 

RR

W Range.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well put!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

shame - so many travel so far , i have wisconsin friends there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.