SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range...RAIN! Ahhhhh!

Rancho Roy

Nothing can be done about the weather.  It is what it is...

But you can still shoot and have a cowboy blast.

I know we are!

:D

On 2/21/2019 at 2:34 PM, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

You think you got it bad in Arizona?   Heck, it has been said of the weather forecaster who has the misfortune to ply his trade in New England, especially in the Springtime,  will invariably be perplexed because, "He doesn't know what the weather is going to be in New England. Well, he mulls over it, and by-and-by he gets out something about like this: Probably northeast to southwest winds, varying to the southward and westward and eastward and points between, high and low barometer swapping around from place to place; probable areas of rain, snow, hail, and drought, succeeded or preceded by earthquakes, with thunder and lightning. Then he jots down his postscript from his wandering mind, to cover accidents. "But it is possible that the programme may be wholly changed in the mean time."

Yes, one of the brightest gems in the New England weather is the dazzling uncertainty of it. There is only one thing certain about it: you are certain there is going to be plenty of it"  -- Mark Twain

Except for the earthquakes, how right he was.

My Uncle Gus, a famous Maine Lobsterman, used to say, "I'll believe the damned 3-day forecast when he gets today's weather right."

Update to my last post re: "...my opinion may change...":

My left thumb refuses to do what I tell it to when it is 32°!

RR

Archived