SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range...RAIN! Ahhhhh!

Rancho Roy

I will take the snow anytime. My Winter Range experiences have been great props, fun shooting, real long distance, horrible mud and rain.

I LOVE IDAHO!!!

You might want to change the title of your thread to include hail and lightning as well.

:D

1 hour ago, G W Wade said:

Good news!   Rain is supposed to quit late Saturday.      GW

Not quite!

The Saturday forecast is clear sky's all day! It does say 10% chance of rain which means 90% chance of no rain!!:lol:  

37 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Not quite!

The Saturday forecast is clear sky's all day! It does say 10% chance of rain which means 90% chance of no rain!!:lol:  

I hope we a both wrong and they don't get anymore rain        GW   

You think you got it bad in Arizona?   Heck, it has been said of the weather forecaster who has the misfortune to ply his trade in New England, especially in the Springtime,  will invariably be perplexed because, "He doesn't know what the weather is going to be in New England. Well, he mulls over it, and by-and-by he gets out something about like this: Probably northeast to southwest winds, varying to the southward and westward and eastward and points between, high and low barometer swapping around from place to place; probable areas of rain, snow, hail, and drought, succeeded or preceded by earthquakes, with thunder and lightning. Then he jots down his postscript from his wandering mind, to cover accidents. "But it is possible that the programme may be wholly changed in the mean time."

Yes, one of the brightest gems in the New England weather is the dazzling uncertainty of it. There is only one thing certain about it: you are certain there is going to be plenty of it"  -- Mark Twain

Except for the earthquakes, how right he was.

HK.       I am up in the frozen plains blowing snow.....   Just hoping a my friends have a great time at WR.    To be fair to the rest, we shoot in bad weather quite often considering our short season      Best to everyone at WR       GW

2 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

You might want to change the title of your thread to include hail and lightning as well.

:D

Marble sized hail for five minutes or so about 2 miles north of the range. Hearing protection was necessary in the RV. Dog was not happy.

That might have been 2007 ... I took a picture of all the stages on Tuesday afternoon just after they had all been finished. It was windy and broke up a couple of props ... but I think it was the year after that everyone got flooded (of course I could be wrong). Things sure have changed ... (a few 2006 stages below) ...

wr1a.jpg.7977577e8f77407050438c5b114d162c.jpg

wr10.jpg.3504c51c7d97f4b8a2f5d70346c15f6f.jpg

wr3.jpg.7d012ce7f9c9b6c8ef3bfaa4f040f50e.jpg

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362
9 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

If you shot well the weather was good if u didn't the weather sucked !

Right on :FlagAm:

Thanks for the Welcoming weather to make the Kanucks from the Island feel at Home ....

Whistlin Will show them how to shoot in the Rain...

Jabez Cowboy

6 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Reminds me of 2006... Minus the 3' of mud.

Yup.  

I remember getting out of my car at the motel; kicking my boots off and walking straight into shower fully dressed.

Partly to try to warm up and partly to knock off that layer of mud.

Better ad snow to the mix...

Hmmmm...

Yes, there has been rain and hail, and it's been COLD! Wet holsters making the process of pulling pistols somewhat sticky. Bundled up jackets and rain gear making shouldering shotguns and rifles somewhat iffy and slow. Worse than what's falling down on us is what's happened to the ground below us. We've had 3" to 4" of mud, with some boardwalks and floors being slippery. But, what the heck, the Wild West wasn't just days of sunshine and 90° temperatures. No matter how you slice it, it's been fun so far. (Although my opinion may change after our last four stages tomorrow!!!)

RR

W Range.jpg

Archived