SASS Wire Forum

My next planned trip to the theater

The green gun is interesting!!

Left handed BAR???

19 minutes ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

Looks like fun, just wish they had cast anyone besides Costner.  Oh well.

...and Woody Harrelson, one of the biggest anti-gun liberals in Hollywood!:angry: I won't give him a penny of my money!

Mr. Harrelson, as an activist, are you hopeful for the next generation?

I think there are young people that are true leaders. It’s absolutely inspiring. That’s why I am hoping that finally a change happens where things like gun control and environmental issues are concerned. When the youth are the ones commenting on this, they are coming from a very pure perspective.

Looks good.

I don’t go to the theater buy I do have Netflix. :D

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

...and Woody Harrelson, one of the biggest anti-gun liberals in Hollywood!:angry: I won't give him a penny of my money!

Sadly you have to just hold your nose these days if you want to watch any films or listen to music. The number of successful pro-gun actors and musicians can probably be counted on all of your fingers and toes. I've noticed most of the more vocal ones have been consigned to making direct-to-video releases ever since daring to open their mouths.

It appears The Highwaymen is scheduled to debut on March 29, 2019, on NETFLIX.  That's good.  I have Netflix.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Highwaymen_(film)

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I don’t go to the theater buy I do have Netflix. :D

Theaters don't have closed captions.

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Sadly you have to just hold your nose these days if you want to watch any films or listen to music. The number of successful pro-gun actors and musicians can probably be counted on all of your fingers and toes. I've noticed most of the more vocal ones have been consigned to making direct-to-video releases ever since daring to open their mouths.

Not me and not Woody Harrelson especially!! I know they're pretty much all anti-gun but he's one of the worst! No thank you, I'll pass! Sometimes you just have to stand by something you believe in with a passion!

his father wasn't the nicest guy either:

Charles Voyde Harrelson was an American organized crime figure who was convicted of assassinating federal judge John H. Wood Jr., the first federal judge to have been killed in the 20th century. He was the estranged father of actor Woody Harrelson

Don't know the outcome of the movie, but if the actor(s) I don't care for get shot by the very guns they are against, I'm all on! :P

The actor is one cog in a movie making crew which can number in the hundreds. I don’t know the politics of those hundreds of crew so I don’t boycott films...unless the film itself is against what I might strongly believe in. Just my view. Yours may vary.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The actor is one cog in a movie making crew which can number in the hundreds. I don’t know the politics of those hundreds of crew so I don’t boycott films...unless the film itself is against what I might strongly believe in. Just my view. Yours may vary.

Very well said, UB. I’m gonna go see it. I know a few folks that work in the movie industry and their viewpoints are very pro gun. Boycotting something because of the politics of some of the participants also hurts those that aren’t of that persuasion.

It should be noted that despite one's feelings toward Costner's politics, he did participate in two of the most memorable westerns often mentioned on this forum: Silverado and Open Range. Anyone who boycotted those films has missed something.

And anyone requiring the people of Hollywood to be of their personal political persuasion in order to view is going to miss a lot more. YMMV

19 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

It should be noted that despite one's feelings toward Costner's politics, he did participate in two of the most memorable westerns often mentioned on this forum: Silverado and Open Range. Anyone who boycotted those films has missed something.

And anyone requiring the people of Hollywood to be of their personal political persuasion in order to view is going to miss a lot more. YMMV

Dances With Wolves is another one. A few folks I’ll be shooting with at The Cowboys in Norco tomorrow are employed in Hollywood and believe me they are very pro gun. Sometimes when you paint with a broad brush you paint some of the good guys too.

9 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I have no problem with Costner even though he's  kinda anti-gun but not half as bad as Woody Harrelson who is also an America hater!! Can't stand the sight of him!

Archived