SASS Wire Forum

Now, THAT'S a new one

Alpo

At least to me.

I've seen the scam where I won the lottery, or some long-lost relative that I've never heard of died and left me a bunch of money. And all I had to do was send this lawyer/banker/whatever my banking information and he would quickly send me my inheritance/lottery winnings.

And then there's the one where the American had several million dollars in the bank, and he died, leaving no heirs. The banking official plans to steal the several million dollars, but he needs an assistant to get the money to the states. If I send him all my banking information, claiming to be the heir of the dead American, they will send me the several million dollars, and I get to keep half of it for my trouble. I give the other half to the crooked banking official - supposedly. But since I am crooked enough to go along with this scheme, I will keep all of the money.

But the one today - never heard one like this before.

They found where I have 10 million dollars in their Bank. They're not sure whether it is a lottery winnings or an inheritance, but they are certain it is 10 million dollars. What is confusing, is that two men showed up yesterday, saying that I sent them to collect my money. The poor banking official who is writing  me does not understand why I would send someone else to collect my money. He put them off for a day. If I did not send someone else to collect my money - if these two men are frauds - I need to quickly let him know, and send my banking information, so he can send me the 10 million dollars before they scam it away from the bank.

Archived