SASS Wire Forum

Does Pietta still make a 36 Remington?

Alpo

I bought one in, '96 (according to the date stamp on the barrel), and never shot it. Never took it out of the box until yesterday.

I figger if I ain't shot it in 22 years, I probably ain't gonna. Figgered I'd see what they go for now, to see if it was worth trying to sell.

I can find 44s everywhere. No 36s.

That might mean that, as a discontinued item, it is rare, thus desirable, and valuable. :)

Or it might mean that nobody is interested in 36s, so after taking a loss on them for years they quit making them. :(

Or maybe my googlefu isn't strong enough, and I simply can't find them. :huh:

Midway lists one as a special order for $379.  Pietta’s online catalog lists steel, stainless steel, and brass models, all 6.5 “ barrels, so apparently they still make them but you would have to call an importer about availability.  I would make you an offer but the Remmie grip doesn’t fit my hand!  

20 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Cabellas will have a run of them on sale every fall. 36 and 44 cal. Midway shows it as backorderable.

Taylor's and Cimarron show .36 cal 1851s in stock.

Cabela's has not had a sale on their Piettas since Bass Pro bought them last Summer :angry:

2 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

This is the only one I can find:

https://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/1858-REMINGTON-STEEL-SHERIFF-36-6-1-2-111p1177.htm

no idea if it's in stock.

That's an interesting link.

First, it says that is a 6 1/2" barrel. The loading lever comes all the way to the end, and mine has another inch of barrel past the lever. Mine must be 7 1/2", right?

Nope. 6 1/2 by the tape.

IMG_20190219_133256.thumb.jpg.899961f9e2d7fd7d2ccd0277bcf9fa11.jpg

Must be a 5 1/2" in the pic.

Then at the bottom of the page they offer a 36 gun and a spare 44 cylinder.

I bet that has a kick.

Not particularly hard to find but they seem to come and go in spurts. About a year ago, I went looking for one and could never find one. I think Murphy in all his glory of preventing me from finding one must have disrupted the entire time continuum 

Archived