SASS Wire Forum

Another Evil Cat!

Duffield, SASS #23454

A friend died Friday, and Miss Jeanie volunteered to find homes for her dog and her cat.

The dog (Beetlejuice) was placed with a 10 year old boy and his family and is doing splendidly.

The lady who said that she would take the cat (Cat) backed out at the last moment. 

Cat is now staying with us and is doing his best to suck up to me, rubbing against my legs, 

lying down beside me and writhing on his back for belly rubs and other acts of affection.

Being that Cat is a cat, I know he is up to something.  Possibly he plans to flare up my allergies,

insult my Weimaraner (Habersham) or he has his eyes on the new leather sofa as a scratching post.

But it looks like we are stuck with a big Orange Marmalade tomcat.  

I've been snookered again!

@Duffield, SASS #23454,

There will be more to come...

1865117850_PamperedCat1.jpg.6b56b8ee7b2ed1982ac1fa8e07b75344.jpg   … they like to be pampered! :o

Careful Duffield.

That cat is only on it's best behaviour until you are well and truly sucked in.

Then: Watch out!!

facepalm.gif

Good on you, Duffield. 

Sounds like the cat’s ploy worked. You have a new friend.

Helpful hint: Buy a tall rope wound scratching post and rub just a little catnip on it. (darn little if the cat’s a psycho) ;)

That way the cat will get familiar with and use the scratch post, not your furniture. 

If a Cat chooses you , you are blessed.  Hang on for a lot of fun. If you chose the Cat, hang on , might not be so much fun!   Ask Allie       Cheers, Hoss C.

What's the big deal with scratching your furniture? Do you actually believe that stuff is yours?

Whose house do you thinj=k it is? You are there to serve your cat!

12 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

It's called "Cat Scratch Fever"

1846379688_CatScratchFever.thumb.JPG.be9fbe82202f4419334fc6ec7a0b3ef9.JPG

Looks like my three year old recliner.  :mellow:

A quick trip to the vet and have the two things on his back end that makes him crazy removed and the 10 things on the front end that cause all the damage removed.  Nice Kitty!

6 hours ago, Noz said:

A quick trip to the vet and have the two things on his back end that makes him crazy removed and the 10 things on the front end that cause all the damage removed.  Nice Kitty!

He has already lost his two best friends.  As for the claws, he has shown great restraint in using them.  So Far.

Cat is slowly being introduced to Sidney (the other cat) and Habersham (the strong, noble dog) and is slowly making progress at learning that they are benevolent. 

At least the dog is benevolent, Sidney, being a cat....

He is still a CAT, and thus inherently evil and not to be trusted.

You never know with cats. We took in Gee, a huge grey cat. Then, he beat up Obie, a small orange cat. They had many tussles. They both picked on Pinto, the cat that decided to live on our porch. When we moved, they formed "the brother/sisterhood of the bed" and were friends from then on.  Then, a few days later we got a dog and they were friends with him too.

The Brotherhood of the Bed.JPG

Kitties on Tower, Outside with TD.JPG

23 hours ago, Noz said:

No! Do not have it declawed!  That is exactly the same as it would be to remove your fingertips at the joint.

3 hours ago, Badlands Beady said:

No! Do not have it declawed!  That is exactly the same as it would be to remove your fingertips at the joint.

And it can cause way more damage to the poor kitty! Buy scratching posts, clip his claws weekly... Please don't declaw, it's wrong, dangerous, painful and can cause long term negative effects.

Please read all this:

https://pawproject.org/about-declawing/faqs/

There are definitely two schools of thought on de-clawing cats.  As Cat is an older cat, I am not inclined to have his claws removed. 

Cat Mandu at rest in his new home.

Cat Mandu.jpg

13 hours ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

Cat has "chosen" to start beating up on Sidney.  I don't know how this is going to work out.

They'll come to an understanding.

Archived