SASS Wire Forum

SHOT Show Theft

Subdeacon Joe

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/02/18/two-men-stole-guns-at-shot-show-heres-the-hiccup-they-didnt-anticipate-n2541633?fbclid=IwAR3yv5cyYySRtg9lHh8L0_u3vjm95VQJ2zW-onBbYSQ1x1FW0tB_TtMlTKk

On Wednesday, Jamikko Foster, 27, and Eduardo Limon, 28, were charged with stealing firearms from the Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade (SHOT) Show. The two Las Vegas men worked as forklift drivers during the world's largest firearms trade show, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.  

The men stole so many items that the spreadsheet spanned two pages. The pair stole 65 firearms from four companies: Remington Arms, LKCI, Blaser USA and Legacy Sports International, the Review-Journal reported.

Specifically, the two stole:

• Remington machine guns, rifles and pistols
• Denel Land Systems machine guns
• Mauser rifles
• Glock pistols
• Sauer & Sohn rifles
• Advanced Armament silencers.

The reason the men were caught is because the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the hosts of SHOT Show, require all manufacturers to remove firing pins from weapons displayed during the show, meaning they're inoperable. 

The Department of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) were made aware of the situation on a Wednesday and alerted local Federal Firearm Licensees (FFLs) to “be attentive for any individuals seeking gunsmithing services or, more specifically, firing pins.”

What’s great is they will get tried in Nevada and Federal Court. I hope the Feds work a deal where Nevada lets them take them and lock them in Leavenworth...or ADX in Colorado. 

When agents searched Foster and Limon's homes they found the stolen firearms, despite neither one of them having any guns registered to them

Would it have been ok if they were registered? :wacko:

18 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Uncle Sugar has been buy'n them for decades from Remmy........;)

OLG

I just wouldn't expect a fully automatic machine gun to be at a SHOT Show for civilian consumers.

9 minutes ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

I just wouldn't expect a fully automatic machine gun to be at a SHOT Show for civilian consumers.

Class 3 guns have been on display at SHOT since it started.

The show is for dealers from all over the world.

It's not open to the general public.

OLG

4 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Class 3 guns have been on display at SHOT since it started.

The show is for dealers from all over the world.

It's not open to the general public.

OLG

Got it!  Thanks for the clarification OLG!  Wasn't aware that it was a dealer only show.

Been lucky enough to attend SHOT many times over the years(Yes-I do have 'friends' in the gun world).

Need to wear your most comfortable walking shoes, and be able to handle crowds like you have never seen.

OLG

4 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Been lucky enough to attend SHOT many times over the years(Yes-I do have 'friends' in the gun world).

Need to wear your most comfortable walking shoes, and be able to handle crowds like you have never seen.

OLG

That would be very cool to do!

You are lucky to have those kind of friends to provide you with the opportunity!

Archived