SASS Wire Forum

LGBT Support

Subdeacon Joe

I made an LGBT joke at work. I work at a public agency with lots of “progressive” people. 

It was an awkward event. 

I said “I am LGBT...lover of guns, boats and trucks.”

Many laughed but I did get some dirty looks. 

I told the people that gave me dirty looks that I didn’t appreciate their “micro-aggressions” and then I laughed and left.

Some folks at work don’t like me very much. :lol: :lol::lol:

I was searching for clubs to enter an NRA postal pistol tournament when I found the "Pink Pistols" of San Francisco. They were fighting the SF's latest gun control proposals.

5 minutes ago, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

I was searching for clubs to enter an NRA postal pistol tournament when I found the "Pink Pistols" of San Francisco. They were fighting the SF's latest gun control proposals.

A good group. I gave firearms training to some gays.  They were more worried about letting their gay friends know that they were gun owners than letting people at the gun shop or range know they were gay.

10 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

A good group. I gave firearms training to some gays.  They were more worried about letting their gay friends know that they were gun owners than letting people at the gun shop or range know they were gay.

Intolerance exists on all sides. It’s strange where these issues show up. 

11 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

1 hour ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Intolerance exists on all sides. It’s strange where these issues show up. 

I find it sad how some groups have sterotyped themselves and how hateful those groups can be to members that do not conform to the accepted sterotype. :(

On 2/18/2019 at 10:44 PM, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

There was a group of the Pink Pistols that used to come into the gun range I used to work at. Nice bunch of people with nothing but support for the Second Amendment! We kidded them alot and they were waaaay cool about it!

On 2/18/2019 at 9:19 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I made an LGBT joke at work. I work at a public agency with lots of “progressive” people. 

It was an awkward event. 

I said “I am LGBT...lover of guns, boats and trucks.”

Many laughed but I did get some dirty looks. 

I told the people that gave me dirty looks that I didn’t appreciate their “micro-aggressions” and then I laughed and left.

Some folks at work don’t like me very much. :lol: :lol::lol:

Racist bigot homophobe. (isn't that the standard response?) :P

JHC

11 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Racist bigot homophobe. (isn't that the standard response?) :P

JHC

Yes. But not out loud, unless they have a screeching woman with a mega phone as their leader...

Hence the micro-aggressions comment.

That’s the latest buzz word. Certain folks look to be insulted by the littlest thing so if a person of non-color with an assumed non-inclusive political bent ;) looks at them wrong they say that person is a bigot because they noticed a micro-aggression. 

I like to use their little buzzwords on them. It makes them feel included in my world. :lol:

Note: these “certain” folks are mostly also persons of non-color that feel they need to be distressed to be involved...

And that is my lesson for living in the modern world and working for a public agency lesson for today. :D

Archived