SASS Wire Forum

WTC 10+1 Rifle stage

Tennessee Tom Aus

Stage instruction is 10+1 on rifle (with the 1 being loaded at the line from belt or table).

Is the ruling that shooter must fire 10, load 1 shoot 1. Or are they able to load the one in the middle of the sequence (eg. shoot 9, load 1, shoot 2)? 

If they must shoot 10 first, is loading in the middle a procedure?

TN TOM,

Often times, the stage writer will indicate those specific instructions as to whether the +1 has to be loaded

at a specific time.....or at Anytime after the beep.

If No Instructions were given, then I think the shooter can load that extra round at anytime.

Do you remember the actual stage instructions?

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Tennessee Tom Aus said:

Thanks Guys,

I can't recall if there was specific instruction just that it was 10+1. So sounds like it's OK.

Cheers

If ya can't recall the specific instructions??  :rolleyes:

It may not be ok.. :mellow:

Ask the question.. May I do this??

Widder has a great response for ya..

Rance ;)

Just sayin'.. :huh: ask the question.. :)

If it doesn't say otherwise, anytime after the beep should be fine.  But you gotta read the instructions carefully, it doesn't necessarily have to say "last round must be loaded after 10th shot"  .  For example, it might have said "Shoot 3-2-2-3 THEN load 1 round and engage the last target".  Around here the stage instructions always spell out when the +1 can be loaded. 

These questions are why I come to the WTC's. They are great tools for how to write good stages and learn the rules.  Like others have said it "should" have been in the stage instructions and hopefully it was. Anytime after the beep, after the 10th shot, at any time, etc are some examples. If it wasn't I don't know of any conventions for that (there may be) but I would think it's wide open if not stated. 

On 2/18/2019 at 11:14 AM, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

THEN is a mighty powerful word but then so is "I'm pregnant" :D

FB_IMG_1539791029596.jpg.0bf3d8f250614b895e7a40dbe9ba20cf.jpg

Archived