SASS Wire Forum

Wire Slowdown update

Rye Miles #13621

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for starting the post.  I almost went out n bought a new computer cause I thought the snail pace was on my device.

WHEW;.........

I do not know if the SASS Office is open today, President's Day.  I left a message on their answering machine and sent an e-mail to Misty. 

Put a post on Misty's Face Book page instead of trying to contact someone in the Office

https://www.facebook.com/misty.moonshine

I did NOT start this post!! What's going on here???

I think they combined a couple posts about the slow wire and wound up with this one! 

THIS IS NOT MY ORIGINAL POST!!!

Rye

Howdy

The Wire is working at a snail's pace on my phone, my laptop, and my coal fired desk top computer. All three.

Yes I remember when bandwidth was limited and we couldn't post photos, and all that stuff.

That does not mean we have to go back to those days.

13 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I think they combined a couple posts about the slow wire and wound up with this one! 

Rye

A moderator did merge it with 2 others, deleted a couple of my rants and said they would contact the SASS office on Monday.

I am not sure who the Administrator is but that person should have the ability to get a hold of the people that run the service for SASS.

This slow system is truly ridiculous. 

There is NO Reason why the SASS software cannot run as fast as the Cast Boolits forum software:

Threads 223,017 ... with a Search Capability back to Day One

Posts 3,293,722
Members 47,674

There are currently 734 users online. 145 members and 589 guests ... 1468 total online
Plus ALL the Command Links work and pages turn within a second or two
And if there are any issues - a direct link to the Administrator
Oh,  forgot to mention - No Fee to Use the Sight - Voluntary Donation

14 minutes ago, John Boy said:

There is NO Reason why the SASS software cannot run as fast as the Cast Boolits forum software:

Threads 223,017 ... with a Search Capability back to Day One

Posts 3,293,722
Members 47,674

There are currently 734 users online. 145 members and 589 guests ... 1468 total online
Plus ALL the Command Links work and pages turn within a second or two
And if there are any issues - a direct link to the Administrator
Oh,  forgot to mention - No Fee to Use the Sight - Voluntary Donation

Site

and our Administrators are no doubt tied up with  Winter Range.

11 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

D..A..N..G.........S....L...O...W.........D.....O...W....N............U....N....D....E........R

That's because y'all's toilets run backwards.:D

4 minutes ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

Or maybe, the Wire is running on Hillary's bathroom server.  Hmmmm.

Nah, if it was running on her server it would be lightning fast; remember someone deleted everything off of it.

19 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Rye

Tony,

I combined all the posts into one, so everybody can come to one place for info.  You had the honor of making the very first post on the subject.

SASS HQ has been in touch with the tech guys that run the servers.  They are working on it.   

Yea! It's working for me finally!

5 hours ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

That's because y'all's toilets run backwards.:D

Nah..When start the water is down lower ..............everytime  I  wander to your  neck of the woods  the   water is right there at the top of the bowl before you even get to startin:rolleyes:..now that just ain't right !!!!!

The good news is the wire is much  F...fff...A....aaaa.....Ssssss...Ttttt....Eeeeee.....Rrrrrrr

In keeping with the Wire format where we all speculate to substantiate our position. I would venture to guess that SASS does not have a full time IT person. They depend on an outside resource. Who, when they call  with an issue, has to schedule a time when to diagnose and fix the issue "WHEN THEY ARE AVAILABLE". As in they don't drop what they are doing to satisfy a bunch of cow persons whining about the speed.

So, my solution is, raise everyones dues by $20 so they can hire a staff IT person! Even the life members. Let the hate begin.

Ike

Can anyone tell us what happened?

If it’s a question of better gerbil and hamster food perhaps we need to mix in some protein powder to keep the little guys pumped up. :D

gettyimages-3004-002064.jpg?strip=all&w=

19 minutes ago, Olin W. Moderator said:

Sorry, we do not have any technical answers. We were finally able to get the Tech guys involved and it got fixed. That's all we know at this time.

Thank you. :)

6 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Are those throttle settings intentionally confusing? 

I dunno, they worked fine for the Titanic.  ...oh, uh, well, um...

Archived