SASS Wire Forum

Wire Slowdown update

Rye Miles #13621

Well, I see 2 of my posts vanished. That’s probably a good thing as it did show that I was and am a bit “disgruntled”.:P

We can’t have that, now can we?

I know...lets have a spelling contest.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been following posts about how it's been so slow lately. How many of you remember when we followed CAS news on the old CAS-List, exchanging news, views, and opinions via group e-mail over 16K, then 28K and finally *gasp* 64K dialup modems? Thank you, Marshal Halloway!!

Come to think of it, didn't we start out here on the first iteration of the SASS-Wire on dial-up?  Heck, this was FAST then! 

9 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, I see 2 of my posts vanished. That’s probably a good thing as it did show that I was and am a bit “disgruntled”.:P

We can’t have that, now can we?

I know...lets have a spelling contest.

I'm your huckleberry.

:lol::lol:

13 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I'm your huckleberry.

:lol::lol:

Spell cat, Tyrel. Pat, you spell Dog.

Something that may be of interest to whoever is going to address this problem.

Nearly every time I make a post from my iPhone after the post has posted and there should be no activity I see a throbber (little spinning wheel thingie) spinning on my screen as if the server is still processing. This will continue until I click to go back to the main menu.

Follow up. I just looked again and the throbber came up in the “Follow” box below the posts. I didn’t realize it was in the “follow” box as I do not follow threads or posts. The throbber spun for some time and ended. Out of curiosity I clicked the follow box and there are 3 people “following “ this thread.

I am not sure if this helps, just my observation. 

It is where the term "Slow as MolasSASS" comes from.:ph34r:

There are too many posts to make me want to read all of them.

When I became the Administrator, Black Harris was deleting the "Drivel" and similar threads at 2000 posts. I continued doing that. It is not being done now. Maybe that would be a simple fix. Maybe not.

In the past, IIUC, the software provider (Invision) was contacted and they fixed something that solved the speed issues.

Just to give you an update from my end so far... I do not know if the SASS Office is open today, President's Day.  I left a message on their answering machine and sent an e-mail to Misty.  If I receive any word, I will post an update here, as promised.  I have merged all the "Slow" threads together as requested, so there would be one place to go for information.  

In the meantime, enjoy the nostalgia of the days of the dial-up modem.  All that is missing is the hiss, whine, and grind of the modem trying to connect up!

dial up.jpg

Archived