SASS Wire Forum

Wire Slowdown update

Rye Miles #13621

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Red Eye Jim said:

Always seems to happen during a snow storm I've noticed.

Its not snowing here, partly cloudy 73 degrees today and the wire is SLOOOWWWW :lol:

25 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Maybe this is too obvious, but I trust the forum staff/owners are aware of the issue and are working on it?

If they truely are, it would be considered courteous to post a comment that they are working on it! :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

First CAS City, now SASS.  I'm going be reduced to watching CNN if this gets any worse.  :o  :angry:

Home Depot has paint samples...watching paint dry is far and away much better than CNN any day.

On 2/15/2019 at 8:25 AM, Cliff Hanger #3720LR said:

This may be true but looking at the thread count on the main page shows that there are over 1100 threads still in the forum going back over 10 years.

If everything is archived every six months, it appears to me that the threads are not deleted from the forum after archiving.

This will double the amount of data stored on the server.

The software has a limit on data saved.

Data that is archived can be searchable if the forum search switch is activated.

This eliminates having to also have the data in the original forum data base.

If the data storage limit  has been reached, the software has to move data around sort of like defragmenting a disk to find a space for new data or a search request.

Archiving is good but the original data in a forum should be deleted or moved off the forum, off server and on to a storage disk to be saved and accessible later.

Posts older than 6 months are not searchable using the tools on the wire.  You can find them with a google search sometimes, just not a forum search.  So I don't think they save them in the original forum DB once they are archived. 

Also, I think it's threads that are 6 months inactive that get archived, but that's going from memory and is a quibble at best. 

Which is where the term Slow as MolasSASS comes from. :rolleyes:

I have pinged www.sassnet.com several times this morning & the the average & spread are better than sites with a gazilion servers: google & msn.  The spread was 19ms to 21 ms.  However it takes a long time to load a page.

IMG_3183.thumb.jpg.496f41b44c5fcd8d8fa08d1d78c94e02.jpg

Going to try this on my end to see if it'll make my internet go faster! :P

2019_02_16_04_01_21.thumb.jpg.7af3e3772e90480787391d4e7b6e884c.jpg

Apparently NO One Important has anything to say about fixing the Wire :P 

Is it a $$$$ issue??? SASS doesn't want to pay for competent people to run this?? Just a guess!:o 

Obviously competent, knowledgeable I.T. help is hard to find in New Mexico.

For the money we pay for dues it is very hard to figure out why they can't get this website up to date and speedy. Other websites are faster than this and I don't pay a dime to belong to them and I also post on those with no problems. I think SASS needs to hire a IT guy to run this or at least get somebody that knows what is going on. If this keeps up I'm believing quite a few people will not renew when it comes time, they rely on this forum to ask questions and get answers and also to learn about cowboy things. This is not the first this has happened, it seems like this goes on and on and on all the time, it gets fixed and then a week later back to the old slow wire, getting pretty old real fast, listen up SASS, get it together.

All for now JD Trampas  ( and it took awhile to log in and post this, what a shame )

59 minutes ago, JD Trampas, SASS # 55781 said:

For the money we pay for dues it is very hard to figure out why they can't get this website up to date and speedy. Other websites are faster than this and I don't pay a dime to belong to them and I also post on those with no problems. I think SASS needs to hire a IT guy to run this or at least get somebody that knows what is going on. If this keeps up I'm believing quite a few people will not renew when it comes time, they rely on this forum to ask questions and get answers and also to learn about cowboy things. This is not the first this has happened, it seems like this goes on and on and on all the time, it gets fixed and then a week later back to the old slow wire, getting pretty old real fast, listen up SASS, get it together.

All for now JD Trampas  ( and it took awhile to log in and post this, what a shame )

+100000

Question for you @Pat Riot, SASS #13748

Have you attempted to message any of our moderators?

@Sam C. Moderator

@Eliphalet R. Moderator

@Olin W. Moderator

or maybe

@Misty Moonshine

I agree with most of what you said in that we as customers do need to hear from someone regarding this. 

This thread makes me happy.

Imagine, having nothing more urgent than a slow social media forum to grouse about.  I'll grant that when I'm trying to access it on my phone it is a bit of an annoyance, but at home, using my desktop I will hit "open in new tab" on something I want to read, and open another tab for other social media and just switch between the tabs.  

The wonder of the dancing bear is not the grace with which it dances, but that it dances at all.

1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Question for you @Pat Riot, SASS #13748

Have you attempted to message any of our moderators?

@Sam C. Moderator

@Eliphalet R. Moderator

@Olin W. Moderator

or maybe

@Misty Moonshine

I agree with most of what you said in that we as customers do need to hear from someone regarding this. 

Nope...I figured they might get the message from this thread. But then again I figured the Mods might be like I was when I was a Mod...present.

At the request of several of you who have posted here, I merged all the SLOW threads... and then you complain because they are merged?  Really??

The Moderators do not have magic wands.  We can not make the Wire go faster.  Personally, I will wait until the SASS Office is open for business again during the week, and I will call them, during office hours.  If they can give me an update, I will let you know.   Have any of you SASS members who seem to have plenty of time to complain done the polite thing and called?  If you have, why haven't YOU posted here?

1 minute ago, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

At the request of several of you who have posted here, I merged all the SLOW threads... and then you complain because they are merged?  Really??

The Moderators do not have magic wands.  We can not make the Wire go faster.  Personally, I will wait until the SASS Office is open for business again during the week, and I will call them, during office hours.  If they can give me an update, I will let you know.   Have any of you SASS members who seem to have plenty of time to complain done the polite thing and called?  If you have, why haven't YOU posted here?

One person complained about the merged threads; several of us think it's a good idea.

Thank you for being a fair and respectful moderator whoever you are

52 minutes ago, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

So are you trying to tell us that the SASS office doesn’t know what’s going on with the WIRE? I find that hard to believe. At a time of year when participants are preparing for big matches like WR and prepping to send in applications for EOT the best way of communicating information about SASS and the sport is poorly performing and they don’t know there is a problem? Come on.

55 minutes ago, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

Personally, I will wait until the SASS Office is open for business again during the week, and I will call them, during office hours.  If they can give me an update, I will let you know.

I think the frustration was that there was no communication from anyone.  Even a comment like the above, "Hey!  We mods can't do anything about the speed.  I'll call early next week (like Tuesday since Monday is a federal holiday) and see if I can get some info for you." would have helped to gruntle the disgruntled.   

Archived