SASS Wire Forum

Need Some Outlaws (in Michigan)

Waimea

Far as I can tell only one Outlaw signed up for Range War in Michigan, me.

Need two more to get "recognized"*.

Partner, are you going to MI?

Holler out so we can play the game our way.

Bo Dacious, you can stay home. I'll have enough trouble with Partner.:lol:

Waimea

*No real self respecting Outlaw really wants to be recognized. It was the onlyest word I could think of.

I’d think yore poster wuz posted in every Post Office board betwixt Florida and Michigan...you should git all the “recognizance” you deserve! :lol:

Kajun

2 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

I’d think yore poster wuz posted in every Post Office board betwixt Florida and Michigan...you should git all the “recognizance” you deserve! :lol:

Kajun

I am "Wanted" everywhere.:lol:

Trying to avoid the just desserts.

Waimea

Guest Hollywood Dave

I tried to talk sweet and sassy Cindy into make the 1000 mile one way trek and you could have your three outlaws but she is TIED UP and can't get away yet. 

Yes SASS wire is slow. 

3 hours ago, Hollywood Dave said:

I tried to talk sweet and sassy Cindy into make the 1000 mile one way trek and you could have your three outlaws but she is TIED UP and can't get away yet. 

Yes SASS wire is slow. 

Let me get this straight.

So you tied the sweet girl up and you won't let her get away YET.

What's gonna convince you to let her get away?

Danged Outlaw.

:lol:

Waimea

16 hours ago, Hollywood Dave said:

Yes SASS wire is slow. 

Actually, I told Hollywood Dave to go ahead and go with you guys, but I don’t feel comfortable about leaving the 81, 89, & 96 year old parents to fend for themselves for that long.  Plus the 2 horses and we would need to pull the camper and bring the pups. I’d love to go to Michigan, but too far with all that’s going on.

SSC

On 2/17/2019 at 8:29 PM, Tyrel Cody said:

Surely you could pick up some no account hillbilly on yer way through Tennessee that'll shoot Outlaw with you.

So a Tennessee volunteer. Catchy slogan. I don't think it will stick.:lol:

On 2/18/2019 at 8:45 AM, Sweet & Sassy Cindy said:

Actually, I told Hollywood Dave to go ahead and go with you guys, but I don’t feel comfortable about leaving the 81, 89, & 96 year old parents to fend for themselves for that long.  Plus the 2 horses and we would need to pull the camper and bring the pups. I’d love to go to Michigan, but too far with all that’s going on.

SSC

You got stuff going on.

I understand. But don't tell HD, I like bustin on him.:lol:

And you are just proving the sweetness part of your name.

On 2/18/2019 at 8:53 AM, mean gun mark said:

I’m your huckleberry................ just haven’t send my app in yet.

All right! We got 2 Outlaws meeting up.

Need one more to make it a gang.

Maybe they'll even put us on the same posse.

1 hour ago, Bo Dacious said:

And you don't want me? Let me check my vacation!

Oh I DO want you...

...to shoot another category.

:lol:

Haven't been on the wire since retirement 3 1/2 year's ago. Count Sandor relayed your post.

PP & I will be sitting down soon to make our shooting schedule for this year. Sent a request to the Gunsmoke folks to add Outlaw to their regional. Got two Missouri clubs to add Outlaw last year and the Iowa State shoot is adding it this year. Glad to find out Michigan is on the band wagon.

On 2/17/2019 at 11:11 AM, Waimea said:

Far as I can tell only one Outlaw signed up for Range War in Michigan, me.

Need two more to get "recognized"*.

Partner, are you going to MI?

Holler out so we can play the game our way.

Bo Dacious, you can stay home. I'll have enough trouble with Partner.:lol:

Waimea

*No real self respecting Outlaw really wants to be recognized. It was the onlyest word I could think of.

Went to Range War once, drove all the way from Maryland to attend. Local shooter put his first shot about 3 inches in front of his right boot toe. MD no called it and allowed a restart. Haven't been back, don't plan on it in the future.

20 hours ago, Partners partner said:

Haven't been on the wire since retirement 3 1/2 year's ago. Count Sandor relayed your post.

PP & I will be sitting down soon to make our shooting schedule for this year. Sent a request to the Gunsmoke folks to add Outlaw to their regional. Got two Missouri clubs to add Outlaw last year and the Iowa State shoot is adding it this year. Glad to find out Michigan is on the band wagon.

I'd sure be happy to see you and PP in the Pure Michigan State.

We have some business to attend to.

You said something to me in Tennessee that needs clarification.:lol:

14 hours ago, Chili Pepper Jack said:

Much to cold up north Waimea!! Hey I need 1K .45 can I get them at Dark Day from ya?

So you can not stand up to your "CHILI" name.

You shall hereby be knowd in the future as PEPPER JACK.:lol:

And yes, of course, you can get .45's from me...

...if you wear a parka.

KIDDING...:lol:

1 hour ago, Bones Z said:

Went to Range War once, drove all the way from Maryland to attend. Local shooter put his first shot about 3 inches in front of his right boot toe. MD no called it and allowed a restart. Haven't been back, don't plan on it in the future.

I am truly sorry for your experience.

5 hours ago, Bones Z said:

What year? I’ve been the MD at WRRW for the last 12 years and have NEVER no called a situation like you described ever.....period end of story. So you better be very specific if you are going to make such statements.

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2019 at 11:42 PM, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

What year? I’ve been the MD at WRRW for the last 12 years and have NEVER no called a situation like you described ever.....period end of story. So you better be very specific if you are going to make such statements.

Somewhere between '97 and '02 (thats when I lived in Maryland). The only souvenir I have left is a round pin, red/black/silver with RW on it (forwards and backwards) and 3 distinct memories:

1. First stage, shooter puts a round into the ground about 3 inches in front of his foot. Stage Marshal looks around and tells the guy to unload and get back in line for a reshoot. MD's fault? Maybe not, but he/she selected and instructed the stage marshal, his/her responsibility. Made sure to be a long ways back when he shot for the rest of the day.

2. Spent the whole day with my dad, first time in 5 years (I was in the service at the time).

3. Got a bauble for placing high on one of the stages (can't find it at the moment).

Hey Waimea, I'm planning on bein there and am shootin outlaw whether they have it or not.

kR

Shot my first clean outlaw match about 4 weeks ago in Tombstone. Had one miss this weekend at the TX state shoot, ran out of shotgun shell.

PS don't tell TT

2 hours ago, Kid Rich said:

Hey Waimea, I'm planning on bein there and am shootin outlaw whether they have it or not.

kR

Shot my first clean outlaw match about 4 weeks ago in Tombstone. Had one miss this weekend at the TX state shoot, ran out of shotgun shell.

PS don't tell TT

As soon as we get confirmation from Partner, that makes the required 3 Outlaws for a category.

Speaking of Tombstone, he and Whiskey Creek would make an awesome addition to the party. Copperhead Joe and Miss Bo would just be the icing on the cake.

^^^^ All that is just a soft calling out.^^^^

Just in case they might not have anything to do that weekend and the stars are in perfect alignment.:lol:

I ain't sure but even Mrs Waimea might be going.:o

BTW your idea of Outlaw with all that smoke and fire is the BEST.:lol:

Waimea

Still have a job to do. Not everyone gets to go to shoots for a living.

You could have listed the date too so I don't have to go the the main page and look it up.

Looked it up 8/30 - 9/1

I will have to take a look and see if it is possible. I haven't seen Deuce in a few years. Always fun seeing my friends up yonder.

10 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

You could have listed the date too so I don't have to go the the main page and look it up.

Looked it up 8/30 - 9/1

I will have to take a look and see if it is possible. I haven't seen Deuce in a few years. Always fun seeing my friends up yonder.

That's a solid MAYBE.:lol:

So here's the line up of Outlaws so far:

Mean Gun Mark

Kid Rich

Waimea

Partner (maybe)

Tombstone & company (maybe)

Looks like a pretty good gang.:lol:

12 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Looked it up 8/30 - 9/1

My experience-which admittedly isn't that long--is that Range War is always Labor Day weekend.

Sorry Waimea but it will not be Tombstone this year. That is too far for me to travel while I still work. Maybe next year after I retire. It would be two days each way plus the shoot days. I just dont have the time off to make the trip.

Maybe a few that are closer or maybe already retired can help round out the Outlaws.

The trip out west takes most of my vacation time and I still have to work on the road to do that trip.

1 hour ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Sorry Waimea but it will not be Tombstone this year. That is too far for me to travel while I still work. Maybe next year after I retire. It would be two days each way plus the shoot days. I just dont have the time off to make the trip.

Maybe a few that are closer or maybe already retired can help round out the Outlaws.

The trip out west takes most of my vacation time and I still have to work on the road to do that trip.

Yeah, but it's worth it!  And once you get finished with that pesky job thing, you can extend that "trip out west" like Fannie and I did this year.  October thru March with one little trip back to Eastern Tennessee for some good 'Holiday' fun at WCJ and IM's little get together.:)

I may be traveling with you all some in a few years. That is what Lady T and I have in mind to do also.

5 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Well that's OK.

W*rk has got to come first for now.

Please stop buying really expensive toys that make the retire date one more year.

Do you really need a 3500 dually and a fifth wheel? Wouldn't a 99 F-150 and a tent accomplish the same thing?

I'm sure Lady T would be on board with that just like Mrs Waimea is (not).:lol:

Waimea

Archived