SASS Wire Forum

Sure Hit Sights

Abilene Al, SASS #72248

Pards, any experience, advice concerning the installation of sure hit sights on a pair of Rugers. No direction were included; only the sights and a vial or tube of a dark liquid.

AA

Make sure that the front sight blade is cleaned properly,

clean the new shire hit sight properly. Use good epoxy and tape or clamp in place. Let dry overnight before final fitting. Enjoy 

The liquid is the epoxy. Fit the Sure Hit to the sight on your pistol. I had to squeeze them down a skosh with a pair of pliers to make it fit snug on my Ruger sight blades. Take 'em off, clean the sight blade with alcohol or something similar, rough up the sides of the pistol sight a bit with either sand paper or a fine file. Apply the epoxy to the sight blade with a q-tip, slide the Sure Hit sight on and hold it for a few minutes to give the epoxy time to start setting. Put the guns aside overnight. You might need to do a small bit of filing after the epoxy sets.

Go shoot!

Cleaned properly, with soap and water? Cleaned with gun cleaner? 

What came in the vial with the sights, epoxy?

Little disappointed for $80 with what I got for the money.

AA

Charlie

I think you have explained it so and ole cowboy like me can get a handle on it. My answer above was not in response to your post. I do appreciate all who offer helpful information on the wire. 

Those that don't, I just appreciate you pards for different reasons...LOL

I love all you cowboys, greatest group of folks I have ever been associated with. 

Abilene

10 hours ago, Abilene Al, SASS #72248 said:

Pards, any experience, advice concerning the installation of sure hit sights on a pair of Rugers. No direction were included; only the sights and a vial or tube of a dark liquid.

AA

Should have been two instruction cards with the sights. Did you buy them directly from my website at www.slickmagicguns.com or from a dealer of mine? We also have directions with pictures on my website. If you ever have any questions please feel free to call or email.

Slick

13 hours ago, Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580 said:

The liquid is the epoxy. Fit the Sure Hit to the sight on your pistol. I had to squeeze them down a skosh with a pair of pliers to make it fit snug on my Ruger sight blades. Take 'em off, clean the sight blade with alcohol or something similar, rough up the sides of the pistol sight a bit with either sand paper or a fine file. Apply the epoxy to the sight blade with a q-tip, slide the Sure Hit sight on and hold it for a few minutes to give the epoxy time to start setting. Put the guns aside overnight. You might need to do a small bit of filing after the epoxy sets.

Go shoot!

I used this process on 4 sets of Ruger's plus a couple sets of colt clones and have had no problems.  Just make sure you clean and roughen the sights properly and you will have no issues.  My first set has been on for 6 or 7 years.  I happened to be at Winter Range and bought a pair from Slick not long after they came out.  I just followed the instructions and the sights have been on the guns since.  In addition Slick generously donated a set as a prize for our SASS Western Canadian Championships that year and for several years after. 

I also use his front sites on all of our CAS rifles, they make a real difference on both the revolvers and rifles.  My old eyes can actually see the front sight now.  Slick is a stand up guy and if you have any issues I'm sure he will look after you.

Grey Beard  

6 hours ago, Slick McClade said:

Should have been two instruction cards with the sights. Did you buy them directly from my website at www.slickmagicguns.com or from a dealer of mine? We also have directions with pictures on my website. If you ever have any questions please feel free to call or email.

Slick

Slick

I purchased them from Long Hunter and thought that everything would have been included. Now that I know about you, I will purchase my next pair directly from you, if you sell direct. I do appreciated being directed to the instruction, now that was constructive and helpful. The only card in the package, give the name and says they are made for Ruger pistolas, oh, it does say they are "Endorsed" by you. They seem kind of loose on the sight, do they need to be clamped in any way or just let the "metal adhesive" do that?

Somehow "Painted" seem to think I would know what was in the package...you just rely on the dealer to do the right thing. 

Thanks again,

Abilene

13 minutes ago, Abilene Al, SASS #72248 said:

Slick

I purchased them from Long Hunter and thought that everything would have been included. Now that I know about you, I will purchase my next pair directly from you, if you sell direct. I do appreciated being directed to the instruction, now that was constructive and helpful. The only card in the package, give the name and says they are made for Ruger pistolas, oh, it does say they are "Endorsed" by you. They seem kind of loose on the sight, do they need to be clamped in any way or just let the "metal adhesive" do that?

Somehow "Painted" seem to think I would know what was in the package...you just rely on the dealer to do the right thing. 

Thanks again,

Abilene

A217B6C3-22CA-4A1F-9B4C-8EE6D1E748F2.thumb.jpeg.b111218c6185cd273391296f06c53ece.jpeg

New subject, does anyone know if a ladder sight from a 66 will work on an 86? They seem to measure the same, just thought someone on this thread might have an answer.

AA

I've used both his Sure Hit Sights on Ruger pistols and Marlin 1894 rifles.   First class stuff.

Heck, I even slightly modified one and placed on a Henry .22 and it turned out really nice.

..........Widder

On 2/17/2019 at 7:51 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I've used both his Sure Hit Sights on Ruger pistols and Marlin 1894 rifles.   First class stuff.

Heck, I even slightly modified one and placed on a Henry .22 and it turned out really nice.

..........Widder

It turned out better than really nice.  It's holding up well too.

Archived