SASS Wire Forum

Remington 45/70 Rolling Block SPF

northman

Hey Pards,Sold Pending Funds

I need to thin the herd a little more, the buff herds are also thinned out too, so I reckon I'll part with my favorite Buffalo gun. it's a real Remington Rolling Block that has a Numrich Arms creedmore style barrel. The half round half octagon bar is 28 inches long,1.125 across the flats 12 inches long and the round is tapered from a little over 1 inch to .830 at the muzzle. The bore is like new only shot with lead cast bullets and light loads. Weight is a tad over 9 pounds. Has Lyman rear peep. Good shooter I just don't shoot that much any more. $650.00 plus shipping. It's an antique so can ship direct to you at least for the time being. 

IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_1631.JPG

IMG_1633.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

IMG_1577.JPG

IMG_1635.JPG

Rifle arrived as described, waiting on some brass and 405 gr bullets to arrive. 

Numrich kit gun in good shape. Sent an email to Remington to try to get an approximate age and verify model. Looks to be a BP Model 1 sporting?  Single screw hole tang, round top, rounded extractor. 

Maybe get it on paper this weekend. Northman, any idea what your peep sight is set to yardage wise?

Can't remember, I'll say try it at 25 yards for a zero. Too many guns  I guess,  just,can't remember? If you get a chance take out the firing pin and send me photo. I have several that  I'm going to sell on  the wire. If one matches I'll send it to you. They are hard to find now and the pins have,a habit of breaking. 

Archived