SASS Wire Forum

How Do You Store/Transport Your Gunbelt(s)?

David Balthazar

*Please note, I did a search and found nothing*

How Do You Store/Transport Your Gunbelt(s)?  Is their a particular method with how you hang it at home, or transport it to keep it safe and avoiding tweaking it?

Thank you-

DB

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362

Had the same rig for over 15 yrs I throw it in the truck ,or roll it up and put it in a tool box .This is just a hunk of leather not a Rolex watch.Keep it dry ,put a leather  conditioner on it once a year  and have fun. :FlagAm:

Loop them over the hanger rod in the closet and buckle them in place. Leather conditioner on the belt once a year, holsters get KG9 regularly to keep them from getting sticky, in winter when I am not shooting on a regular basis use a small (emphasize small) tennis ball from the pet store in the holster mouth to keep them fully open. Tried the full size tennis balls and had a holster become so loose that gun retention during movement became a problem.

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I roll my holster and gunbelt like you see on the old westerns, then they go in my canvas tote or Rubbermaid tube.   Made forms from a 1 3/4 in hardwood dowel cut to cylinder length with a drawer pull screwed on one end.   During the long white period so of us are having now will hang the from coat hanger in closet of gun room       KG9 to prevent sticking caused by weather or humidity          GW

Everyone is a product of their environment, mine is aviation.  I and my entire family have and use aviation helmet bags for all our personal equipment they run about $30 and they work fantastic for the gun leather and all the little personal times we all seem to acquire, keeps everything together hangs on a nail or hook, and when you grab your bag you know you have everything.  There are many places you can get these bags, so I'm not necessarily endorsing the URL I am posting, but they have been good to me in the past.

https://helicopterhelmet.com/HELMET-BAGS_c_240.html

F.S.

mine stay looped over the rugged gear gun cart at home--like to let it dry (if needed) under a ceiling fan.  Put buckled belt over back of front seat in truck when I go to range, keeps it up and out of the way.

My extra belts, ones that have gotten too short since I've added weight ;), get hung by buckle straight down in closet

Instead  of  tennis  balls ,  I  use racket  balls  in the  tops of my holsters.  Seem  to  be  just the   right  size  

I put tennis balls with a 1” Cut in them inside my holsters. Keeps them from getting squashed.  

Then I put them, Shotgun belt, Ann, spare an I , tool kit, and all sorts of other flotsam-jetsam in this canvas bag from Lands End. 

Guaranteed to hold 500 lbs. sometimes I get close! Seriously, these are really good bags for hauling gear in. 

https://www.landsend.com/products/color-canvas-tote-bag/id_299724?sku_0=::BLA

Found a really nice carpet bag at EOT to carry our holsters. You know everyone needs a period correct carrier for their leather.:P They are transported in that bag and live most of the rest of their lives there too. Holsters don't ever get wet except a little sweat. The cloth let's them get air. My holsters are steel lined so losing shape is not an issue. 

15503616082782787926676522652579.jpg

When transporting, I have rolled them up loosely and I've laid them out flat.

When I hang them up at home, I hang them up by the buckle and let the belt hang straight.

never mind

I store mine in an MTM Ammo Crate, (from Midway) .  I have two, one for Cowboy and one for Wild Bunch.  I also have MTM Ammo Cans (I think .50cal size) for my match ammo.  After a match a part of cleanup is restocking the required ammo for the "next" match. 

Blackfoot

Archived