SASS Wire Forum

Short stroking Henry 22

Trigger Trippin Tim

Because this system is soooooooooooo slow, Please try to contact me with

an email at:

widder1894@icloud.com

phone is:  865 / 696-1996

Thank you for your interest.   Here is some general info, without actually advertising on this wire:

Yes, I can short stroke the Henry .22

I can't short stroke the .22 Magnum models.   I can smooth (slick) it up for you

but the length of the .22 Magnum requires all of the lever arch for feeding and

ejecting the longer cases.

The short stroke makes the lever arch about 1.25" less.

And the action job makes the rifle noticeably smoother.

Email me or call me and I will be glad to give better info on the phone.

Turn around time is 1 week or less, depending on whether you want a trigger job/trigger stop

put in the rifle.

Again, thanks for the interest.

..........Widder

i can vouch for Widders work on the henry 22!!!!  if your gonna have Widder work on your henry have the trigger work done at same time you wont regret it! When ya get your 22 back your gonna be like DAMN is this the same rifle.

I can honestly say that the money that we spent on our Henry Golden boy having Widder do his magic on it is the biggest bang for the buck that I have ever spent on any fire arm in my life. I cannot say enough good things about what he does. And he is one of the nicest people I have ever met in cowboy action shooting. Start stocking up on ammo your going to need it!

Pards,

Thanks for the kind words.  

Henry gives a good rifle to work with and I'm glad you are happy with the results

of the "Soft Stroke" modifications.

P.S. - TN Williams will probably make me buy him lunch for saying something nice.

He's like that, ya know...... cheap, ornery, contentious and cousin to Roy D. Mercer..... ;)

..........Widder

7 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Pards,

Thanks for the kind words.  

Henry gives a good rifle to work with and I'm glad you are happy with the results

of the "Soft Stroke" modifications.

P.S. - TN Williams will probably make me buy him lunch for saying something nice.

He's like that, ya know...... cheap, ornery, contentious and cousin to Roy D. Mercer..... ;)

..........Widder

The "D" stands for ice cream. Which reminds me, don't forget the ice cream for dessert. None of that fat free stuff neither. I want the real deal.:P

Archived