SASS Wire Forum

WTB - Colt SAA 1st Generation

Ripple

Hi,

I'm looking for a Colt SAA - 1st generation 45.  I don't own one, and don't see how my gun collection can be complete without one!

I'm not going to shoot it.  Just visit it in the safe regularly and take it out for BBQ's to show friends.

Since I'm likely to do this only once, I want one that is all original - and if there is a great story behind it ... well then, all the better.  I am partial to the 4 3/4" barrel.  And ... in the event that you have two of them and don't want to split them up, I would consider that as well.

Have a great day and shoot straight!

7 hours ago, Ripple said:

I'm not going to shoot it.  Just visit it in the safe regularly and take it out for BBQ's to show friends.

After about 1900 until they stopped production for WWII, the first generation SAA were proofed for smokeless powder.  The proof mark is in the shape of a triangle stamped on the left side of the trigger guard finger hole. 

I've had some great responses.  Thanks and typical of cowboy action shooters ... we rock!

After seeing what is out there, I like the idea of getting one that is pre 1900 - older and more original the better.

Thanks again for thinking about selling your Colt babies!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Still hoping that someone has an early 1st generation that they want to move on.

Thanks for looking.

Archived