SASS Wire Forum

Getting Started Webpages

Johnny Longpants

I have been updating our club's website over the last few months and I have put together a few pages of "What to know when you are brand new" information.   Take a look and let me know what you think of these pages, what am I missing, anything I have mischaracterized, stuff you wish you had known at the start, etc.    I am trying to make those interested in coming out the first time as confident to try our sport as possible.

http://www.blackhandraiders.com/Getting-Started/

In "guns you will need", someone is misspelled.

Cimarron is not a maker, they are simply an importer. Leave it at Uberti.

I don't consider 44-40 to be a common caliber.

Marlin 94, not 92. 

Colt Lightning is far from common.

The comment regarding crossdraw holsters needing to pay attention... Get rid of that. The holstering rules are the same for all types of holsters.

That about as far as I'm going... Good job!

For accuracy's sake it's a Marlin 1894.  Winchester makes the 94.  Which is also a legal rifle in a pistol caliber.

2 hours ago, Griff said:

For accuracy's sake it's a Marlin 1894.  Winchester makes the 94.  Which is also a legal rifle in a pistol caliber.

Just to be extra super accurate,  Marlin did make a 94.  About 1903 they dropped the 18 and just marked them 94 just like Winchester went from 1892 and 1894 to just 92 and 94.  I have several Marlin 94s.  

Click your links to ensure that they all work.  Some of the words are going outside your box.

From one who has compiled several websites, you are doing fine.  Every time you look at the site, you will see something to change, correct or add.

Archived