SASS Wire Forum

JohnWesleyHardin

I am going to EOT for the first time.  My wife, grandson and his friend will be with me.  We are camping off the Range.  I had to pay a "guest" fee for my wife to be on the range with me, she is a SASS member.  They told me she had to pay the guest fee because she will be attending the banquet with me.  I am confused about when and where the boys can go and at what cost.  I am not even familiar with the layout .  Apparently, "spectators" are only allowed at the range on June 21-22.  Can anyone explain this to me?

3 hours ago, JohnWesleyHardin said:

I am going to EOT for the first time.  My wife, grandson and his friend will be with me.  We are camping off the Range.  I had to pay a "guest" fee for my wife to be on the range with me, she is a SASS member.  They told me she had to pay the guest fee because she will be attending the banquet with me.  I am confused about when and where the boys can go and at what cost.  I am not even familiar with the layout .  Apparently, "spectators" are only allowed at the range on June 21-22.  Can anyone explain this to me?

Typically the event is open to the general public on the two main days of the main event, Friday and Saturday which is the 21st and 22nd. I’m pretty sure your grandson and his friend who are accompanying you and your wife will be be allowed to be at EOT on the other days because you are paid participants. If they attend the banquet you’ll probably have to pay for that too. Be sure and stop by the main gate and introduce yourselves and if I can help you answer any questions don’t hesitate to ask.

Sometimes the general public show up on the other days and they are allowed in to look around and visit the vendors and many of them view the matches from the viewing area away from the bays. In the not to distant past we would turn away the public on all of the days but those two days but that policy changed not long after Misty took over and it sure made it better for us folks manning the gate and the vendors, especially the food vendors really appreciate it.

I recall seeing some families at the match two years ago accompanying shooters.  They weren't following the posses around, but were in the vendor areas while there was shooting going on.  I don't know if it was "officially" sanctioned, and they were not in anyone's way.  They probably all came together in the same vehicle.  Probably best to contact the SASS office and ask them directly.

If you locate Founders Ranch on Google maps you can get an idea of the layout.  Basically, it's a row of bays, either 12 or 16, behind which are some permanent buildings for vendors and an additional open area behind them for vendors'  tents.  Those are in the middle and left side of the bays.  The main tent, as well as some other tents are on the right side.  Parking is on both sides of the range.

Remember, bring nasal spray to keep sinuses. wet.  Very dry there.

Archived