SASS Wire Forum

You all get out of here 'cause I'm fixin to blow it up!

Dantankerous

Nineteen seventy-one... at work one afternoon in the mailroom of Western States BankCard's three-story building.  Suddenly, the fire alarm goes off... P/A speakers blare the command to evacuate the building.  We comply; soon, the entire staff of eighty or so souls are assembled on the sidewalks, away from the building.  We get the word that a bomb had been found in the second floor lady's room, which was just about the center of the structure.

Police arrive and secure the area.  Bomb squad arrives and enter, all bundled up and armored.

About fifteen minutes later they exit, helmets and gloves off, snerking and laughing and carrying the timer-actuated spray deodorizer.

It seems that some lady had just finished her duty and was drying her hands when the thing "went off."  She heard the P-s-s-s-t, looked up at the quite stylish, wood-grained misting device, then erupted from the door screaming "IT'S A BOMB!  IT'S A BOMB!  WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!"  surprised.gif

Panic can spread SO quickly...!  :lol:

So, although the devices had been in all the restrooms more than a year, management [wisely?  cowardly?] ordered them all removed.  *#-o d'oh!

Oh... this was San Francisco, of course.  Back before the city went totally nuts.  

On 2/13/2019 at 4:09 PM, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

I am disappointed , I thought Chip Tosser and Calamity Jane were back in town, threatening to blow up the saloon again.

Back in the wild and wooly old days the Saloon (ACS) got blown up on a fairly regular basis!

JHC :lol:

Archived