SASS Wire Forum

Winter range # of shooters

Hells Comin

2 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

Ok here's how I got the fuzzy math.

16 pages x 48 shooters  = 768 + 33 on page 17 = 801. Where did I go wrong?  I haven't started drinking yet, maybe that's the problem. 

Maybe Conventioneers on the "who's comin" list ?????

I'll go get a drink & think about it......

Either way, when I'm there I ain't gonna have the time to count everyone. I'll just assume that life is great and enjoy my 800+ new amigos.

:D

7 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Either way, when I'm there I ain't gonna have the time to count everyone. I'll just assume that life is great and enjoy my 800+ new amigos.

:D

Yo-De-O and I'll 2nd that. Yeeeh, Haw

1. I think that the reason for the inflated number is that Sunshine Kay doesn't delete the shooters that cancel after their application is in. Just a guess.

2. Posse and wave info is not released until Sunday when registration opens. Info is in the shooter packets.

Just curious since I have never been to Winter Range, how does the approximately 800 shooters for this year's Winter Range compare to EOT?

4 hours ago, Outlaw Gambler said:

how does the approximately 800 shooters for this year's Winter Range compare to EOT?

Hi Outlaw Gambler! 

Since no one else has answered this, I'll give it a shot... 

I'm not sure if they limited the number of shooters to WR this year but I know they sold out the last 2 years. I think they said that they limited it to around 750 the last 2 years. So I'm assuming that they bumped it up this year. The WR scores showed 728 shooters for last year and 749 the year before. 

Seems like Misty said that EOT could handle up to 1200 shooters so I'm guessing that it has never sold out. Last year the total numbers of shooters at EOT on the scores was 616 and the year before was 600.

Normally 36 posses with 20 each = 720 is the standard format, then depending on entries they'll add one shooter to each posse, it then becomes 756, longer waiting list they can add another shooter making 22 per posse, = 792, and I think that's about the max they'll take..pity this year I can't be one of the 792 ??? 

Y'all have fun now ya hear!

We had 23 on our posse for the 25 th.

Texas Slim was Our leader as Fine a gentleman as there ever was ...

I was saddened to hear of is Crossing Over ...

Jabez Cowboy

Having made the shooters badges, your numbers are close. Not 800 main match shooters though. Numbers may include those that had to drop out but I'm sure that is a small number. 

Archived