SASS Wire Forum

SOLD Original 1887 Winchester race gun

I'm selling the quintessential Classic Cowboy Shotgun. This is an Original Winchester 1887 lever action 12ga. shotgun.

It has a "Coyote Cap" action job (signed by Cap) and has a "Fireball" drop two mod. Verified by Fireball. I used this for Classic Cowboy for several years.

It was stolen and believe it or not, it was returned 12 years after it was stolen. I don't shoot CAS anymore so this gun is for sale.

The gun has the chamber lengthened for 2 3/4" shells and polished for easy extraction. It will safely use Winchester 12ga. FEATHERLIGHTS ONLY.

Or you can shoot black powder loads in it. It has an 18 1/2" barrel. Original wood and butt plate.SANY0017.thumb.JPG.14bef96e674d4b5922f26745c2fa7cb3.JPGSANY0019.thumb.JPG.92bb6dcac6372fd20fcc81c560329d07.JPGSANY0022.thumb.JPG.29d80b1ae0ad4f76611a57f0622b3267.JPGSANY0018.thumb.JPG.6773e3f55c6745bc7ea78718b4fc9dbd.JPG

For now I'm only offering this shotgun to folks in AZ. Either it can be picked up in Chino Valley, AZ. or I can deliver it to Winter Range.

I have had very bad luck shipping long guns and don't want to damage this great shotgun. I'm asking $1200. for this shotgun.

I will include a case of Featherlight shells with purchase. Thanks for looking. Reply here or email me at wgkidd@gmail.com.

Sorry Dave the story is way too long and convoluted to put on here. Reader Digests version is, they were stolen (along with my truck) at a motel in 2006. They were mistakenly kept by the Police agency that recovered them and finally "found" and returned to me. It only took 12 years.....I got them back last month.

Anyway the Original 1887 Winchester is SOLD to Dakota Steele..............Thanks, Rico

Guest Hollywood Dave

Yah, I saw that,,,that was a good story,,,short and sweet. A Leo's gun kept by the Leo's by mistake for 12 years. 

Professional courtesy. I hope it was t your own Dept. 

Archived