SASS Wire Forum
Dutch Coroner

For Sale Browning Model ‘86 Carbine

LNIB, few handling marks too small for pictures. 45-70  2/12 added some more pictures.

$1,300 plus shipping. 

Thanks for looking,

Dutch

431E1079-AF41-4812-95F6-184B606CC7D2.jpeg

432A19E9-44A0-4C13-BFA2-5DA1057BCC30.jpeg

8650406C-E6AD-439C-9D39-C8317330578D.jpeg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

Edited by Dutch Coroner
Added more pics

I have one of these rifles. It is hands down a fantastic shooter. Rings the gong with factory sights every time at three hundred. Extremely well made rifle. Would be a nice addition to anyone’s hunting collection.

I have one and love mine.  The 24" barrel gets heavy.  I hunt with mine but do not shoot ever shoot Hornady "Leverevolution" ammunition in it as your head will spin around.  The carbine handled it just fine.  Irish Pat  sass 19486

2 hours ago, Irish-Pat said:

I have one and love mine.  The 24" barrel gets heavy.  I hunt with mine but do not shoot ever shoot Hornady "Leverevolution" ammunition in it as your head will spin around.  The carbine handled it just fine.  Irish Pat  sass 19486

Please explain your comment on your head spinning around with shooting lever-evolution ammo.  I have never had the opportunity to use that ammo so I'm curious. Super stout recoil or muzzle blast?

From my experience Dan it is just to stout. I use it in my 1895 rifle for deer and bear hunting. I load mild rounds for SASS long rang or target work.

I didn't know they made that lever-evolution ammo in calibers for the 1895. Which ones?

My 1895 Marlin is in 45-70. Not the Winchester 1895. Sorry I did not specify

Aha- now I understand. About 20 years ago I watched some friends shoot a Remington-Keene with that hot .45-70 ammo. The owner of the rifle should have known better as he is a gunsmith. I turned down an invitation to shoot it. After about 8 rounds the lenses in the Malcom repro scope came loose. It is too hot for old guns for sure.

Please some more info on 325 grain Lever-eveloution .45-70 in a modern steel 26" octagon 9+ lb rifle ?  Is it a safe rd just loud or too much recoil?  Thanks C.W.  :FlagAm:

The browning designed 1886 will handle whatever you put in it but that Hornady ammo kicks like hell  shoot pleasant loads and have more fun.  If I was in the woods in grizzly country then I would put the Hornady ammo in it .  Irish Pat

Edited by Irish-Pat
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gents ya stepping all over the sellers post!!

• Thanks 1

someone buy the carbine.  it is a great deal on  a fine carbine that is not made anymore.  

This is a great rifle.  I have one and it will be one of the last ones to leave my safe.

AND Dutch is a great cowboy.  

Edited by Geronimo Jim SASS # 21775

BTT for the weekend again