SASS Wire Forum

'73 bolt repair?

Turkey Flats Jack

I have an original 73 that needs the lower tab on the bolt repaired. Who does it? anyone know the approximate price to have it repaired? Or should I just try to source another one in working order? 

Thanks in advance,

T.F. Jack

• I had 2 repaired by Lassiter.    Buying a new bolt may require retiming/fitting    GW

Yo Turkey Flats:   Contact Cowboy Shooters supply at (580)873-2663

Joe & Martha Briscoe   Great folks to deal with and you'll get your answer.

Lassiter also great to deal with (937)687-1039   or Lassiter45@aol.com

Jackrabbit Joe

Jack:

It's easier to get ahold of Lassiter via phone.  He's not much for e-mail.

--Dawg

Another recommendation for Lassiter's repair.  Quick, accurate, tough.  Had one done and it's had over a year of hard use.

Good luck, GJ

Get your original repaired and order a new bolt assembly from VTI or Taylors (a little over $100) .  True, a new one will have to be fitted, but now the lower tab is replaceable.  You'll have brand new one in the gun and if it goes down on a big 2 day match, you'll have a back up you can drop in.

He's working with an original Winchester 73.   "Replacements" are few and far between - and certainly not obtained from VTI.   It's going to be important to have a GOOD gunsmith fix that original bolt.

Good luck, GJ

3 hours ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

I've been watching them. I will probably buy one and get the original repaired at some point. This gun isnt all original and I bought it to use as a shooter. once fixed It'll ride in the cart as a back up to my uberti 66. 

Archived