SASS Wire Forum

The Original "Wild Bunch"

For those who were unaware:

1925344086_TheoriginalWildBunch.png.c5a084abde0164d0052cf1211d000205.png

Standing (aliases): News CarverKid Curry
Front row left to right (aliases): The Sundance KidThe Tall TexanButch Cassidy;

Butch Cassidy's Wild Bunch was one of the loosely organized outlaw gangs operating out of the Hole-in-the-Wall in Wyoming during the Old West era in the United States. They were the most successful train-robbing gang in history.

1357699123_TheWildBunchinnameonly.JPG.234c95b02f851aaee9c5ca08e2efa380.JPG

" Warner Bros. wanted The Wild Bunch to hit theaters before 20th Century Fox's Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Over at Fox, they weren't too concerned about the timing, but the competing film with similar subject matter did present a problem. You see, in real life, Butch and Sundance's gang was nicknamed "The Wild Bunch." But Fox didn't want their movie to name-check another movie, regardless of which one was released first. So Butch and Sundance's crew was renamed the Hole-in-the-Wall Gang, after a place in Wyoming where they often hid. "

I was a single Second Lt in early 68 at Castle AFB in CAL, and went by myself to the Base theater on a Thursday and saw this movie for the first time. Boy, I was blown away as ole Sam Peckenpaw  (sp)  had folks getting shot and blood came out of all of them. Great Movie! the next night I saw it again with three other friends I had talked into seeing it. We all loved it. I still watch it about every two years.  Cheers  Hoss C.

I watched the entire first scene frame by frame once, about 20 minutes of screen time. It took nearly four hours. Some alcohol was involved.

Imis

Archived