SASS Wire Forum

Need Uberti 73 lever safety parts

Rancho Roy

I recently bought a used Uberti 1873, pistol grip rifle. It had the Lever/Trigger safety removed. I'd like to add it back in as I've had a couple of out of battery fires when I run it fast.

Anyone have the needed parts hanging around and would be willing to sell me.

I'll be at Winter Range if that works.

Thanks

While I was getting safety parts, I would recommend getting the coil spring to replace the original flat spring.   The Smith Shop handles them as well as others.      GW

It is likely that the sear and lower trigger have been welded together when the safety bar was removed. You may want to examine them before buying anything.

I'll have to check so see it has been welded. Kid, yes, I'd like to meet Hells Coming

I'm here now. Camping this time in the Clay Target Center.....

But no one is here to check me in or tell me what space is mine. So tonight I'm in the parking lot!

You may have an issue with the sear not allowing the hammer to cock. When they are welded together the float between the parts is eliminated and a clearance issue prevents it. You can install one and test it with the assembly out of the rifle. If you need any additional help call me. My number is on my web site, www.wheelergunworks.com

Archived