SASS Wire Forum

10 Guage fun

Hoss

He she is!  Purchased from JBar Binks here on the wire, some brass hulls with genuine BP. Lots of fun. I only shot it 2 stages, but the rest of the posse shot up all my shells! 

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

What was your recipe?   Looks like they worked. 

Square load 1.5 oz shot, 3.5 drams Goex

brass hull

powder

nitro Card

Fiber cushion wad

shot

over shot card. 

Elmers glue

The glue did not hold real well. I’m going to try some water glass. 

46 minutes ago, Redwood Kid said:

I love it! What’s the make and year of the shotty? 

Enterprise Machinery. Made in Belgium around 1885. Made by a respected Belgium company, for US market, hence the “American “ name. Has laminated barrels. Solid gun. A hoot to shoot. Several of my Pards shot up all my ammo trying it out.  

5 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The glue did not hold real well. I’m going to try some water glass. 

I found that the glue didn't hold to well to new hulls.  Held better after they were shot and cleaned a couple of times.  I chuck a 10 gauge brush in my little lathe and give the inside a good brushing.   I think it scuffs up the inside walls and helps the glue hold better.

Are you using 9 gauge wads and top card?

1 minute ago, Warden Callaway said:

I found that the glue didn't hold to well to new hulls.  Held better after they were shot and cleaned a couple of times.  I chuck a 10 gauge brush in my little lathe and give the inside a good brushing.   I think it scuffs up the inside walls and helps the glue hold better.

Are you using 9 gauge wads and top card?

Yes 9 guage. From Track of the Wolf. 

I got a nice set of reloading tools off eBay. Powder/shot measure, ram with decapper, capping pliers, funnel. Don’t need the roll crimp tool. I’ll likely put it in sass classified. 

5E955DF8-DDEA-4F49-8B5E-F3BF6E217A3F.jpeg

Archived