SASS Wire Forum

Who-Tuning a set of SS 2nd gen 1860 COLT Armies

Pee Wee #15785

If you can wait a while Mike Brackett of Goons Gun Works is probably the best out there when it comes to cap guns.  I’ve got a set of Navies he tuned for me and they are sweet pistols, well worth the wait.  In addition to an action job Mike offers a full torsion spring conversion for the bolt and trigger springs and can install an action shield which truly prevents any cap fragments from falling into the action.

1 hour ago, July Smith said:

If you can wait a while Mike Brackett of Goons Gun Works is probably the best out there when it comes to cap guns.  I’ve got a set of Navies he tuned for me and they are sweet pistols, well worth the wait.  In addition to an action job Mike offers a full torsion spring conversion for the bolt and trigger springs and can install an action shield which truly prevents any cap fragments from falling into the action.

July Smith +1.  Mike did a pair of 2nd Gen 1861 Navies for me.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

On 2/9/2019 at 6:29 AM, Pee Wee #15785 said:

I have a set of stainless 2nd gen 1860 COLT Armies (have been shot) that I would like a good action job done on them.  Who would you have work on them.

Glad you asked the question I too have pair...Mine seemed to have gotten shorter barrels but still need action work...Now I know where to send them...

Texas Lizard

Thanks so much for the mention guys! I truly appreciate the SASS community. I've learned a lot from the "racing" community. You folks are the main reason why the "coil spring conversion" for the actions in the Colt pattern open top revolvers, Mod. P copies,  as well as the Remington pattern is now the standard setup from my shop. I know this may seem like a little "overkill" to some folks but what is "too much" when it comes to performance? reliability?  It's the setup used in the finest S.A. revolvers available today. Yours might as well be too!!!

Thanks again,

Mike

By the way, there is a "standard" setup for ROA's  as well. I have my own spring conversion for them  (I'll send yours back to you). Yes, your ROA will be tougher and more mechanically accurate .  .  .  .   (thanks to George Baylor and J.T. for the time!!)

Archived