SASS Wire Forum

Anyone shot one of these Rugers?

Dantankerous

Not with CAS ammo, but with full loads, 44 mag. Just wondering how the gun handles.  I have been eyeing these since they came out but have not had a chance to handle one yet. Needless to say I've not shot one but it sure is on my list of needs. ;)  I'm going to guess that the Bisley style grip will negate any additional muzzle flip created by the shorter barrel.

0818-2.jpg

8321_1_.jpg

I have, although limited.

A cowboy friend of mine bought a set of them and we have tried em out.

Personally, I didn't think recoil with the shorter barrels was much more noticable than with the longer barreled

Rugers.    They are beautiful pistols.

I have been tempted to get one in .454 or .480 with the 4.+ barrel and have an octagon 3.75" barrel

put on it.   But right now, $$$ is the object.

If you ain't overly sensitive to recoil, you should enjoy shooting it and being a proud owner of a real

nice pistol.

..........Widder

I feel that I have more control with the plow-handle grip of my OMV in .44, w/5.5" bbls.

Widder-Go with the .454C. Trust me on this. ;)

I have a Freedom Arms in .454 that's a LASER with everything I have put through it.

BTW: Ruger has had many issues with their .480. At one time Ruger pulled it from production.

Don't know if they brought it back or not.

OLG

Hey Dantankerous,

I've got one with 3.75" bbl,  the fluted cylinder and plow handle grips. I know you're coming to Winter Range, so I could bring mine for you to try. I've got some pretty stout .44 spl loads you could shoot at our practice range. If you want to buy some 44 mag and shoot them at the Ben Avery public range that's ok too. If you really like it, who knows, maybe I could part with it. Let me know.

Rattlesnake Slim,

Sending you a PM.

I find the Bark of fullhouse .44 mag. ammo much worse than the bite... And with short barrels this is even worse ...

But you Mileage May differ ...

Jabez Cowboy

Archived