SASS Wire Forum

Need to buy some .44-40 cartridges 200-300, who has the best price?

Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439

Can't find a source so who do I get them from?  Midway, Brownells?  I want a factory brand, MagTech, Winchester, Fiocchi(I like their box), who is better priced?  Thanks

Nimble Fingers

Midway has Black Hills Cowboy 44-40 ammunition if that's what you're looking for.  They have a cool box too :D

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1001896568/black-hills-cowboy-action-ammunition-44-40-wcf-200-grain-lead-flat-nose-box-of-50

I get my 44-40 bullets from Missouri Bullet (spelling?).

3 hours ago, Isom Dart, SASS#8096 said:

Fingers,

reread your OP. Are you looking for bullets, or cartridges ? If it is bullets Ga. Arms is the place.

Isom

Thanks meant cartridges not just the bullets. 

3 hours ago, Jailhouse Jim, SASS #13104 said:

Midway has Black Hills Cowboy 44-40 ammunition if that's what you're looking for.  They have a cool box too :D

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1001896568/black-hills-cowboy-action-ammunition-44-40-wcf-200-grain-lead-flat-nose-box-of-50

$40.90 for 50 rnds is nutz :excl::rolleyes:

OLG

18 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

$40.90 for 50 rnds is nutz :excl::rolleyes:

OLG

Yes that's true when you reload but $13-14 of it is brass.  38WCF is even more using virtually the same case.  The last 38 Special I saw at Walmart was $21/50 so this isn't too out of line for a major manufacturer considering the caliber.

All the other manufacturers from Cheaper than Dirt run $36-$45/50 so that seems the going price for new ammunition.

9 hours ago, Tully Mars said:

I've reconsidered my offer.

Tully

Just want to apologize for not responding to you, had to walk away from the “Wire” for a while to cool down.  But it looks like it worked out for you anyway 

thanks to all who posted. I will check out vendors suggested. 

Nimble Fingers

Archived