SASS Wire Forum

Ginger or Mary Ann?

Many times a question is answered with " Ginger or Mary Ann".  I thought some of you might be interested in knowing that Mary Ann aka Dawn Wells lives on Clearwater Beach (which is about 9 miles from my house).  She suffered a fall  a while back which put her in the hospital for a couple of months and resulted in a Go Fund Me account being set up to help pay her medical bills.  Sweet little Mary Ann is now 79 years old and not doing so well. Just a FYI. 

1 hour ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

But how does this have anything to do with SASS???

PHANTOM

There are about 4000 previous threads for you to go back to and ask that. Who cares? It's the Saloon.

Mary Ann Rocks!

SLIM

8 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

There are about 4000 previous threads for you to go back to and ask that. Who cares? It's the Saloon.

Mary Ann Rocks!

SLIM

To be fair, when he asked it was on the Wire. Probably an admin moved since then.

and of course it's Mary Ann!

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

Mary Ann Rocks!

SLIM

Jump on me all you want, but this post was first put on the Wire... Not the saloon.

If it was put in the saloon, I wouldn't have said crap.

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

God bless her... Of course!

But how does this have anything to do with SASS???

PHANTOM

Because it seems like every time someone asks which is the better of two items the answer is "Ginger or Mary Ann".

She needs money to pay her hospital bills?

Gilligan's Island has never been off the air since it started. It is on every day of the week, multiple times a day, all over the world. And she gets money every single time an episode plays.

Unlike everyone else on the island (who just took a salary) she contracted for a smaller salary and guaranteed rediduals for life.

Seems like she oughta be sitting pretty.

I wish her a speedy recovery and no offense intended to her but it's GINGER :wub: for me!

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Gilligan's Island has never been off the air since it started. It is on every day of the week, multiple times a day, all over the world. And she gets money every single time an episode plays.

Unlike everyone else on the island (who just took a salary) she contracted for a smaller salary and guaranteed rediduals for life.

Well, if you believe the stories on line, seems the actors did not get residuals...

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/15/dawn-wells-gilligans-island_n_1279792.html

https://www.ibtimes.com/gilligans-island-50th-anniversary-how-much-did-cast-make-sitcom-actors-missed-boat-1695547

LL

Watched an interview with her.

Learned that she and Ginger both had the hots for the professor, but since all three of them were married at the time, nothing happened.

Learned that the outer sides of her shorts angling up was her idea.

1-22-2013-8-25-54-PM.jpg

That tailoring them like that made her legs look longer. Ginger being a foot taller than her gave her a complex.

And I learned about the "residuals for life" contract that her husband (manager) negotiated.

5 hours ago, Alpo said:

Like many others she lost a bundle when the housing bubble burst. Add in unforeseen medical bills and it is easy to end up with more bills than income.

Read the story here.

6 hours ago, Alpo said:

Read the link I posted.

2 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

I got a matched pair of Colts, I think I'll name one "Mary Ann" and the other "Ginger". The next time this question comes up, I'll just say, "Get both! I did"

Nobody here is capaple of “getting” either one. :lol::P

20 hours ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

speak for yourself......

Maybe in years past...:lol:

For those who have made a comment about Phantom's first post:

I think Phantom's original post on this thread was in context of it originally being on the WIRE, not the Saloon.

When the thread was moved from the Wire to the Saloon, his comment moved with it.

Now as for the Thread, my guess is that its a safe way to advertise her 'Go Fund Me' account, which otherwise

would be against posting guidelines.

..........Widder

Archived