SASS Wire Forum

Michigan's state match--registration open

Outrider Outlaw

Dear Cowboy Action Shooting Friends, This year marks the 21st Anniversary of the SASS Michigan State Championship, also known as Wolverine Rangers Range War. In honor of the 20th Anniversary last year, the Wolverine Rangers offered half off entry fees for the first 20 shooters to register online that had not shot Range War before. It was such a big hit that we decided to offer half off entry fees again this year for the first 21 shooters to register online that have not previously shot Range War. Junior shooters are always FREE. If you were hesitant in signing up in the past, now is the time! Join us in celebrating one of the best state championships around! Range War is being held over Labor Day Weekend (August 30th – September 1 st) at the Blue Water Sportsman’s Club located at 4866 Ravenswood Road, Kimball, MI 48074. Registration is available on our website at www.wolverinerangers.org. Shooters of all skill levels and categories are welcome. As a reminder, there must be at least 3 shooters in any non-official SASS category to be eligible for an award. All shooters registered before August 1st will receive a FREE Range War T-shirt or shooter towel! Range War is a weekend packed full of fun activities and camaraderie. On Friday we have our Mini Matches (Wild Bunch, Cowboy, and Plainsman), Long Range and Speed Side Events, FREE pizza lunch, and Cowboy Swap Meet. Saturday is 5 Stages of the Main Match, Cowboy Trap, BBQ Dinner in the Clubhouse, and Cowboy Campfire and sing-a-long in the Campgrounds. Sunday, we have Cowboy Church in the morning, 5 Stages of the Main Match, and our Awards Banquet at Alexander’s in the evening. Please visit our website for more information or to register online. This is one shoot you won’t want to miss! Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Best regards, Cosmopolitan Christine, Wolverine Rangers Secretary

Looking on the web site the hotels and camping link is not working. When will that be active? How close to the range are the hotels?

Thanks

Hillbilly Drifter

Edit: I read the shooters primer letter and found the Baymont inn listed

I'm thinking of bringing a bunch of stuff to sell under a canopy, and have the wife mind the fort while I'm off shooting.  How do we make arrangements?

After shooting in the match for the first time, I've been waiting for the registration to open up this year.

On 2/8/2019 at 3:46 PM, Badlands Beady said:

I'm thinking of bringing a bunch of stuff to sell under a canopy, and have the wife mind the fort while I'm off shooting.  How do we make arrangements?

Well, there are two possibilities I guess.  On Friday there will be a swap meet where participants can bring whatever to sell/ swap.  At least I think it will be on Friday--that is yet to be finalized.  Or, you may set-up as a vendor.  Information about that will be posted on the Range War web page.  In the past there has been no charge to be a vendor and I feel confident that will be the case this year.  If you are going to set up a canopy you will need to fill in the vendor application.

Will there be tables at the swapmeet?  Sorry to nag, but this will be my first Range War, and I really over-bought before I retired and we downsized; now I need the cash and the space.  Got a rack full of clothes and a few firearms, and a bunch of odds n ends.

Great match at a fantastic facility and some great folks running it too. This match is a must for your bucket list.

18 hours ago, Badlands Beady said:

Will there be tables at the swapmeet?  Sorry to nag, but this will be my first Range War, and I really over-bought before I retired and we downsized; now I need the cash and the space.  Got a rack full of clothes and a few firearms, and a bunch of odds n ends.

Contact Sauk Valley Stubby. He's in charge of the Swap Meet and can give you the straight scoop on the details prior to having it on the website. He is listed on the Hidden Valley info page under the Clubs dropdown on the Wolverine Rangers  website. Hope this helps.

hOOt

Signed up for this last week.

Not sure if I was the first to take advantage of half price but I may be the most grateful.

It's a far piece from SW FLORIDA, at least that's what Fireball tells me. Trying to talk Mrs Waimea into the run with me.

Anyhow I (and maybe she) will be camping in the tent, enjoying some cool Pure Michigan air.

Ain't never been to MI but you got some dang tempting commercials.

Looking forward to shooting with ya.

Waimea

Archived