SASS Wire Forum

Illinois Gun Dealers getting squeezed

Lawdog Dago Dom

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question: What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?   

- Unknown 

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." 

-Goerge Washington 

Les Baer moved from Illinois to Le Claire, Iowa ( birth place of Buffalo Bill Cody ) a couple years ago. And Lewis Machine is moving from Illinois to Iowa, also. I'd say that you don't know the half of it, but I'm sure that anyone living in , or next to, a lib state sees it every day. To paraphrase Slim Pickens, ( God rest his soul )  "What will those Assholes think of next?"

7 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

When are people going to Stand?

There is a lot of "oh, that's Chicago's problem", downstate that leads to apathy. Plus there are those that don't feel if it directly involves them, it's no big deal. I've heard guys say 'Well I just have a shotgun for pheasant/rabbit,  and I don't think I need an AR-15 or a 30 round magazine." So they just shrug their shoulders and move on. More and more small dealers closing up shop may wake them up and get them off their butts.

Reminds me of the scene from "Jaws" where Richard Dreyfus' character is trying to get the mayor to close the beach. The mayor ignores him. Dreyfus says, "I think you will continue to ignore this particular problem until it swims up here and bites you on the ass."

53 minutes ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

There is a lot of "oh, that's Chicago's problem", downstate that leads to apathy. Plus there are those that don't feel if it directly involves them, it's no big deal. I've heard guys say 'Well I just have a shotgun for pheasant/rabbit,  and I don't think I need an AR-15 or a 30 round magazine." So they just shrug their shoulders and move on. More and more small dealers closing up shop may wake them up and get them off their butts.

Reminds me of the scene from "Jaws" where Richard Dreyfus' character is trying to get the mayor to close the beach. The mayor ignores him. Dreyfus says, "I think you will continue to ignore this particular problem until it swims up here and bites you on the ass."

I don't claim to have any level of psychic ability, but it seems obvious to me that if and when the anti-rights types are successful in banning "evil assault weapons," their next move will be handguns, because they will point out that handguns have always been used in more crime and gun violence.

4 minutes ago, DocWard said:

I don't claim to have any level of psychic ability, but it seems obvious to me that if and when the anti-rights types are successful in banning "evil assault weapons," their next move will be handguns, because they will point out that handguns have always been used in more crime and gun violence.

They have already started this in the media. I have heard little quips, usually from a blond bimbo on the sidelines of “the news desk” say things like “more people are killed by handguns...interesting fact” or “handguns are an even bigger problem, don’t you agree?” And the other “news” idiots nod.

I don’t even watch “the news” and have seen this lately. Once in Oregon and once here in California. 

There is is going to have to be a collective “Enough is Enough” from ALL of us one day. I have always thought that huge throngs of silent gun owners quietly marching down the streets of major cities carrying their firearms and surrounding the main government buildings and standing there silently for an hour or two would rattle some cages.

No “noise”. No bluster. No signs. Just lots of people, silence and guns.

Howdy,

Some issues just seem to never get resolved.

Lawmakers meet and argue and make a compromise

and word bills and pass bills and legislation is signed into law.

And before the ink is dry some people are screaming about how it

isn't enuf.  Lets compromise and do it MY way is their motto.

As I sit here the talking heads report the news and put in their

opinion. One sided of course. 

Best

CR

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I suspect there's not enough people in Illinois that actually care about their freedoms! Same thing applies to California and other gun control happy states!!:o

9 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I suspect there's not enough people in Illinois that actually care about their freedoms! Same thing applies to California and other gun control happy states!!:o

WE in PRK CARE-The real issue is the fact we're outnumbered.

OLG

5 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

WE in PRK CARE-The real issue is the fact we're outnumbered.

OLG

Unfortunately, "outnumbered" translates to "not enough." 

12 hours ago, The Bearded Wonder said:

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." 

-Goerge Washington 

I hope you know Washington did not say this entire phrase but only the first part, 

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined"

Sadly, I see this country coming closer to civil war. My hope is if it comes to that the country would be divided, Mississippi River West for Republicans, East for Democrats. But I fear those that support the 2nd will eventually just die off or give up. Then guess who will take over this country and it will not be the Democrats. 

37 minutes ago, Smoken D said:

I hope you know Washington did not say this entire phrase but only the first part, 

Sadly, I see this country coming closer to civil war. My hope is if it comes to that the country would be divided, Mississippi River West for Republicans, East for Democrats. But I fear those that support the 2nd will eventually just die off or give up. Then guess who will take over this country and it will not be the Democrats. 

I just finished reading the three book series by Kurt Schlichter People's Republic Indian Country  & Wildfire  Fiction about the Red Blue civil war.  Sadly a lot of what is in the books is coming true. The Green New Deal for example.  

2 hours ago, T.J. Bones SASS# 75616 said:

I just finished reading the three book series by Kurt Schlichter People's Republic Indian Country  & Wildfire  Fiction about the Red Blue civil war.  Sadly a lot of what is in the books is coming true. The Green New Deal for example.  

I don't think the New Green Deal will ever come true. SImply put, it would absolutely destroy the economy. Big business will reign that one in.

AOC is nothing but  crazy. Pelosi even sees how crazy and she is certifiable.

Gun control on the other hand... all them far lefties want gun control.

1 hour ago, Smoken D said:

You are correct, with a little bit of research it is

This quote is partially accurate as the beginning section is taken from Washington's First Annual Message to Congress on the State of the Union. However, the quote is then manipulated into a differing context and the remaining text is inaccurate. Here is the actual text from Washington's speech:

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."

I apologize for for being inaccurate, but I did read it on the internet so it's got to be true:ph34r:

4 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

We lost California and I got out with a whole skin.  Lots of people there are going to continue a losing battle to the end.  I saw it happen in Illinois, Virginia, Washington, and other places, sometime slowly and sometimes almost in the blink of an eye.

Pat asked "when are people going to stand?"  When they realize that it really is as bad as some of us say it is..... and that will be way too late in most cases.

12 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It's too late in some states, the gun owners are drastically outnumbered and the politicians getting elected have gotten elected in part because of their opposition to gun ownership.

For those of us who reside in these states our options are to move to a more gun friendly state or fight a delaying battle in the hopes that SCOTUS will come down with a ruling that makes these laws unconstitutional.

49 minutes ago, Chantry said:

It's too late in some states, the gun owners are drastically outnumbered and the politicians getting elected have gotten elected in part because of their opposition to gun ownership.

For those of us who reside in these states our options are to move to a more gun friendly state or fight a delaying battle in the hopes that SCOTUS will come down with a ruling that makes these laws unconstitutional.

The revolution was fought and won by 3% of the population. Something to think about.

4 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have always thought that huge throngs of silent gun owners quietly marching down the streets of major cities carrying their firearms and surrounding the main government buildings and standing there silently for an hour or two would rattle some cages.

No “noise”. No bluster. No signs. Just lots of people, silence and guns.

Pat, this is one of those very rare times when I have to disagree with you.

If such a march occurred the antis would not allow it to be quiet.  There would be counter-demonstrators blocking marchers, yelling at them, throwing stuff at them.  Chief Smokesablunt would be there beating his tom-tom in the marchers faces.  The marchers would likely include some of those folks who shoot holes in road signs and litter shooting ranges and I do not want to be present when those two groups confront each other.  It would be Lexington and Concord again.

Our best bet is still to rely on the ballot box and court challenges, and having conservative pro-second amendment folks relocate to more friendly states.

1 hour ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Pat, this is one of those very rare times when I have to disagree with you.

If such a march occurred the antis would not allow it to be quiet.  There would be counter-demonstrators blocking marchers, yelling at them, throwing stuff at them.  Chief Smokesablunt would be there beating his tom-tom in the marchers faces.  The marchers would likely include some of those folks who shoot holes in road signs and litter shooting ranges and I do not want to be present when those two groups confront each other.  It would be Lexington and Concord again.

Our best bet is still to rely on the ballot box and court challenges, and having conservative pro-second amendment folks relocate to more friendly states.

It would be interesting to see if the Anti's have big enough cajones to do the crap that they have been getting away with these past few years with a bunch of determined gun toting protesters. I think it would be quite a different thing indeed. ;)

Archived